Overcoming stress and overwhelm
With the increasing digitalization and working from home or hybrid working, the separation between work and private life has decreased for many people. The natural pauses when transitioning from home to work or from one meeting to another have been replaced by a stream of back-to-back online meetings which often last until late at night. Add to this the constant demand, increase in workload, information overload, and pressure for success, it’s no surprise that burnout is on the rise. Many are feeling constantly crazed, having the impression of always running behind, having no time nor mental space to be creative and focus on what really matters. Not being your best self at work and not getting fulfilment out of your life anymore can lead to feelings of overwhelm, helplessness, and exhaustion.
Increase your resilience and performance with our wellbeing programmes.
As we are facing more challenges, it is important to build up inner resources such as learning to activate our soothing system, gratitude, kindness, determination, etc. Applying mindfulness skills can increase your resilience and wellbeing and decrease anxiety and stress. Having worked with more than 200 organisations since 2011, we have used this plethora of experience to build an evidence-based programme to support wellbeing in the workplace.
Choose a la carte from our vast wellbeing programme
- Book a 6 or 8-week course or select one or various workshops
- Choose amongst more than 15 different topics in the field of wellbeing such as mindfulness, positive neuroplasticity, compassion, etc.
- Choose an online or in person activity
- Select your language: English, Dutch, French, and German available
- Decide whether you prefer live or self-paced activities
- Define your group: small or large groups
- Add individual coaching for personalized support
- Choose amongst our team of certified and experienced trainers
Mindfulness for leaders
Being a manager has never been easy, but today leaders are facing unprecedented complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity. The most frequent complaint by leaders is the lack of mental space they experience. They simply do not have the necessary space to be clear and focused, to listen deeply to themselves and others in order to take adequately informed and wise decisions.
If we are to successfully resolve the greater challenges we face – within our organisations, society, and the planet as a whole – we need more focused and creative leaders with a clear sense of purpose and compassion for the greater good.
Learn how to lead from awareness with our focused leadership training.
The benefits of mindfulness in organisations
Introducing mindfulness to your organisation can help bring about a remarkable shift. Research has shown that mindfulness programmes in organisations have the following benefits:
- Lower absenteeism as employees are less stressed, and have less risk of burn-out
- Increase productivity as employees can focus better and be more creative
- Bring about higher engagement as employees have an increased overall wellbeing
Furthermore, better communication within the organisation leads to less conflict and stronger work relationships. Any organisation can benefit from better performances and higher employee satisfaction – and we are here to support you in this process.
Mindfulness improves both individual wellbeing and organisational performance
Some of the concrete benefits of applying mindfulness at work:
- Keep your cool in acutely stressful situations
- Prevent chronic stress from building up
- Develop sharper focus, and identify and act on opportunities more quickly and creatively
- Manage your energy levels and prevent exhaustion and burnout
- Balance your emotions and interact in an authentic and empathetic way
- Move from automatic reactions to more chosen responses
- Learn to see clearly and be more creative
- Counter the negativity bias and shift towards more positivity
- Develop self-confidence based on self-compassion and a sense of agency
- Improve your communication skills by learning to listen and speak mindfully
- Feel more in control of your life and focus on what really matters to you
We teach practical and easy-to-learn mindfulness skills that can be used both at home and at the workplace.
We have seen from experience that our courses and workshops appeal to a diverse audience, including administrative staff, engineers or scientists, managers, sales people, and other profiles.
Having taught mindfulness to more than 200 organisations since 2011, Brussels Mindfulness is one of the pioneer organisations for providing mindfulness at work in Belgium.
We believe that mindfulness skills can make this world a better place, not only because it helps to improve individual wellbeing, but also because it leads to wiser choices and more kindness in this world. Our team of international certified mindfulness and yoga teachers has extensive experience at the work place and can train in English, Dutch, German and French.