Having obtained several Master’s degrees in Languages, intercultural relations and European Affairs (College of Europe), I used to work in leading positions at various international associations in Brussels. Amongst others I was the Director of the Brussels Office of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, Europe’s biggest organisation for applied research and CEO of the European Venture Philanthropy Association, an organisation aiming at creating positive societal impact through venture philanthropy and impact investing.
However, combining a stressful job with a lot of traveling and two small children at the time led to a serious burn-out many years ago. At this low point in my life, mindfulness provided me with an opportunity to approach life differently than ever before. I learnt that I had been functioning on autopilot for most of my life and that I had been hardly aware of my personal needs and of my stress symptoms. Mindfulness did not only help me to heal and to prevent another burnout, but it also brought me closer to who I really am, less driven by reactivity and automatic reactions. It provided me with an increased awareness which helps me to take decisions that connect to my deeper values and to choose when to act and when to let go. Upon my recovery, I decided to reach out and help others to better deal with the many challenges and demands that we are all faced with and lead a more fulfilled life.
I have been trained as a mindfulness trainer (MBSR) at Arbor Seminare in Germany and have studied intensely with leading international teachers such as Jon Kabat-Zinn, Christina Feldman, Chris Cullen, Mark Williams, Edel Maex, Florence Meleo-Meyer, Rebecca Crane, John Peacock, Claude Maskens, Oren Jay Sofer, Kristin Neff, Tara Brach, David Treleaven and Rick Hanson. I have also been trained as a teacher for mindfulness at school by the Mindfulness at School Project in London (teach paws programme). I love developing new skills and learning new methods and therefore continue my path with regular retreats and workshops. I also follow supervision and organise intervisions with my peers in order to remain grounded and self-reflective in my teaching practice.
Since 2018 I am the first authorised teacher in Belgium of Positive Neuroplasticity Training (PNT) by neuropsychologist Dr. Rick Hanson. This method teaches how to turn positive experiences into inner strengths hardwired into our nervous system which can help to heal old pain, deal with challenges, and grow more happiness and resilience.
Given my background in European Affairs, I frequently train at the European Institutions and other international organisations. I have been training in international companies for the past decade and truly enjoy giving trainings, workshops and retreats to an international audience. I am also responsible for our 2 year mindfulness teacher training and the focused leadership programme.
I work in English, German (mother tongue), French and Dutch and I understand some Spanish and Italian. I am also an accredited member of the worldwide association of positive neuroplasticity training and of the Belgian association for mindfulness trainers, vzw MOMENT as well as the European Association for mindfulness trainers EAMBA.
Besides meditation and yoga I enjoy spending time in nature, playing music and learning new things.
Specific mindfulness-based trainings:
- 2 year MBSR teacher training and certification: Arbor, Germany, Stefan Machka et al
- 2-year Positive Neuroplasticity Training (foundational and advanced training, authorized as teacher); Rick Hanson
- Intensive Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness Training (introductory and advanced training): David Treleaven
- Mindfulness supervision training (ongoing): Lot Heijke, Günter Hudasch, Petra Meibert and Camilla Sköld
- Mindfulness in Schools Programme: Teach Paws Programme (certified mindfulness in schools instructor)
- 8-week MBCT training, Frame by frame training and MBCT-Update: Mark Williams
- 6- week Authentic Communication Training: Oren Jay Sofer
- Teacher Training Master Class "Finding peace in a Frantic World" Programme: Oxford Mindfulness Center, Chris Cullen
- Mindfulness Based Intervention Teacher Assessment Criteria (MBI-TAC) Master Class : Rebecca Crane
- Deepening Inquiry Master Class: Florence Meleo Meyer
- Dialogue Exploratoire and supervision: Claude Maskens
- 8-week Interpersonal Mindfulness Training: Sandrine Rauter
- Self-compassion and heartfulness trainings: Sharon Salzberg, Kristin Neff, Tara Brach
- Retreats: Christina Feldmann, John Peacock, Jon-Kabat-Zinn, Jake Dartington, Tara Brach, Bert Kakelbergh, Plum Village.....