Are you feeling overwhelmed?
Before we talk about your organisation, let’s talk about you. Can you ever truly say that you completed all your work when you stop at the end of the day? Are you always being assigned new tasks that need to be dealt with urgently, although you still haven’t completed the previous ones? Do you find it difficult to divide work and private life?
How do you cope? By gulping down one more cup of coffee and squeezing these tasks into your already tight schedule, or by doing the extra work on your laptop at night?
Does it sound familiar to have the evening off, but all you can do is zone out in front of the TV because otherwise you can’t switch off the endless cycle of planning and worries whirling around in your mind. You wake up at 5 am – still exhausted – and the first thing that pops into your mind is your to-do list.
It may not be much consolation, but you are not alone. More people than you would imagine feel overwhelmed and stressed at their workplace – even the ones who appear to be perfectly in control. And everybody keeps on going, just like you.
The consequences of chronic stress
Have you ever thought about the long-term consequences? Of course, a healthy dose of stress now and then helps all of us to perform. But a chronic state of stress without having the chance to recover in between stress peaks leads to physical illness as well as mental health issues, such as burnout or depression. At this point, a week off will not help move the needle.
That is not all. Your personal life, your work, and your organisation all suffer under too much stress. Your family and friends may not be very happy if you always give priority to your work – or if you are physically there, but are mentally absent and moody.
At work, high levels of chronic stress can lead to conflicts within teams, because people become disconnected, cynical, or can overreact. People who are overwhelmed cannot be responsive and creative anymore. The consequence? The organisation misses out on important opportunities.
Leaders lack the mental space to see things in perspective, so they cannot make wise decisions. Organisational change projects fail because people do not have any mental flexibility left.
In short: you may think things will work out fine if you just keep working harder and harder – but this has an opposite effect. You and your colleagues can no longer achieve your full potential.
How would you feel about trying a radically different approach? One that might seem counterproductive at first, but reduces stress levels and improves wellbeing and productivity in your whole organisation in the end. And it lets you flourish in your personal life as well.
That is what mindfulness can do.
Improving individual wellbeing and organisational performance
Our mindfulness-based courses and workshops help to:
- Keep your cool in acutely stressful situations and prevent chronic stress from building up
- Develop sharper focus to identify and act on opportunities more quickly and more creatively
- Manage your energy levels and prevent exhaustion and burnout
- Balance your emotions and communicate more effectively
- Move from “crisis management” to a more inspirational style of leadership
- Develop self-confidence based on self-compassion and a sense of agency
- Improve your communication skills by learning to listen and speak mindfully
Topics of our wellbeing programmes
We teach practical and easy-to-learn mental skills that can be used both at home and at the workplace. Experience shows that the way we teach mindfulness appeals to a large audience – including administrative staff, engineers or scientists, managers, sales people, and other profiles. We also offer yoga, massage and other wellbeing applications for your team day or throughout the year.
You can choose between an comprehensive wellbeing programme or individual workshops on the following topics and services for mind and body:
- Introduction to mindfulness: from stress and struggle to calm and focus
- Attention Management: Developing calm focus and increasing productivity
- Stress Management: Feeling more grounded and resilient
- Energy Management: Living and working in balance by increasing your inner resources
- Emotional Balance: Getting less affected by difficult thoughts and emotions
- Authentic Communication: Communicating clearly and with undivided attention
- Developing (self-) compassion, empathy and trust
- Undoing the negativity bias by taking in the good
- Developing a value compass for inner alignment
- Wisely dealing with challenging relationships and conflicts
- Polyvagal Theory: How to strengthen your nervous system
- Fuelling for energy: The what and how of mindful eating
- Finding your sleep (again)
- Mindful stretching and (desk) yoga
- Yoga nidra or deep relaxation
- Forest bathing: immerse yourself in nature by tapping into your senses
- Chair massages
- Stress and burnout coaching
All our live sessions can be offered in person and online. The workshops are generally between 1.5 and 3 hours long. Although you can pick and choose as you like we recommend starting with an introduction to mindfulness workshop (90 minutes). Should you wish to engage in a journey we would recommend following the 8-week mindfulness course as several of the topics mentioned above are included in this programme.
Choose amongst our different formulas
- NEW: 12-month flexible wellbeing programme (can be followed a la carte or as entire programme)
- 6- or 8-week course for mindfulness at work (ideal for beginners)
- 6- or 8-week positive neuroplasticity course (ideal as follow-up)
- 4- day focused and authentic leadership course (ideal for leaders)
- 6- or 8-week compassion course (ideal as follow-up)
These courses can be offered in an online or in person formula.
We also offer a start-to-meditate programme in two different formats, either:
- Series of short, live, online mindful pauses with guided meditations or mindful yoga or stretching
- 5-week, online, self-paced "start to meditate" course with weekly teachings, emails, and guided meditations on an easy-to-use online platform.
Available in EN, NL, D or FR with certified and experienced trainers.
Get in touch
All our workshops and courses can be tailor-made to fit your specific needs. Download a more detailed description of our offering or contact us to discuss a tailor-made solution for your organisation.
We would be happy to support you in creating a more mindful organisational culture, going beyond employee wellbeing and stress management. We can help you to build an organisation where everyone buys into its mission – with inspirational leaders and focused, committed, and creative staff.
We work in English, French, Dutch, and German. Our teachers all have 15+ years of HR and/or management experience and are able to translate mindfulness to the reality of your workplace.
We also provide workshops in schools. If you are interested, please contact us for more information.
Did you know that when offering a mindfulness course to your staff you contribute to a wellbeing initiative to young people? Our company and organisation's fees include a small donation to provide free mindfulness training for young people.
We believe that mindfulness skills can make this world a better place, not only because it helps to improve individual wellbeing, but also because it leads to wiser choices and more kindness in this world. Our team of international certified mindfulness and yoga teachers has extensive experience at the work place and can train in English, Dutch, German and French.
Learn more about our vision, meet our team and check out our beautiful locations.