More than just a training
Has mindfulness transformed your life in a positive way and are you looking for ways to deepen your practice and pass it on to others?
Maybe you identify with one of the following:
- You would like to deepen your practice and understanding of mindfulness in a group of like-minded people
- You would like to teach mindfulness courses to individuals and/or companies
- You are a coach/therapist and would like to bring mindfulness into your work with clients
- You would like to bring mindfulness into the organisation where you work in a professional way
- You would like to further increase your wellbeing and stress resilience
If so, consider joining our next cohort starting in March 2025. Benefit from our early bird discount of €200 until June 2024.
About the Mindfulness Teacher Training
Mindfulness training programmes have attained solid ground in many areas of life: personal development, work, health, education, leadership, parenting, childbirth etc.
As mindfulness is becoming more mainstream, there is a growing need for professionalism.
Brussels Mindfulness offers a 1,5-year Mindfulness Teacher Training programme, starting in March 2025 with lead teacher Beate Trueck aswell as Lot Heijke, Sandrine Rauter, Yvonne Tuinte, Peter Paanacker.
Successful completion of all parts of the programme leads to a Certificate of Competency in Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Programme and the Finding Peace in a Frantic World Programme.
What you can expect
Enjoy getting away on long weekends in a beautiful retreat center and learn about mindfulness with like minded others, supported by a team on international teachers and spoilt by our cook Viannou with delicious organic food.
Here is what else you can expect
- Deepen your practice and understanding of Mindfulness
- Invest in your wellbeing
- Boost your personal growth
- Make new friends with an interest in meditation
- Prepare a career) change in your life
- Ability to share mindfulness in a skilful way with others
- Figure out what it is that you have to offer the world
- Make an investment in your personal future
- Be kinder to and take better care of yourself
- Look for new ways to earn additional income
- Increase your self awareness and decrease reactivity
- Improve your concentration and focus
- Get certified in two of the leading mindfulness programmes
Features of the teacher training
- Internationally recognized programme in English
- Small group to deepen the experience and direct exchange with the trainers
- International team of senior trainers (with minimum 15 years of teaching experience)
- Possibility to exchange and work in small peer groups during the duration of the programme
- 8 weekend modules over the course of 15 months in a retreat like structure
- inperson course in a beautiful location with delicious organic food and exclusive use of the location
- an online platform with all material in one spot (guidelines, meditations, planning etc)
- Personal supervision and tutorial with one of the senior teachers
- Internationally recognized certifcation
- Competency in teaching two of major mindfulness programmes
Watch our video why you should join a teacher training.
Location of the mindfulness teacher training
Our residential modules take place at the Retreat Centre La Maison du Chemin des Roches, Dongelberg in Wallonia, about 50 minutes from Brussels. The retreat centre is a true oasis of peace with a beautiful meditation hall, delicious organic, vegetarian food, a large garden and comfortable rooms. The accommodation is in single or double rooms with shared bathrooms. Our wonderful cook, Viannou, will take care of your wellbeing with fresh, organic and delicious food 3 times a day and additional tea and coffee breaks.
Dongelberg is a small village in the midst of the country side where you can go for nourishing walks amongst fields and meadows with sheep, horses, and cows. The garden of the retreat center has beautiful trees where you can rest or meditate and listen to the bird songs.
The residential setting offers the perfect opportunity to get away from the demands and the business of your daily life and to give yourself a healthy treat.
There will be five modules in Dongelberg and three in our location in Brussels.
Modules of the mindfulness teacher training
There are 8 immersive, residential modules taking place from March 2025 onwards, followed by a supervision and certification period. In total, there will be 23 full days of teaching.
- Module 1: 13 to 16 February 2025 (residential)
- Module 2: 4 to 6 April 2025 (residential)
- Module 3: 27 - 29 June 2025 (residential)
- Summer retreat (optional), not included in the fee: 9 to 13 July 2025 (residential)
- Module 4: 5 to 7 September 2025 (residential)
- Module 5: 6 to 7 December 2025 (Brussels )
- Module 6: 16 to 18 January 2026 (residential)
- Module 7: 13 to 15 March 2026 (residential)
- Module 8: 23 to 24 May 2026 (Brussels)
- Total of 21 full days of training
- the teacher training is in English language
- it is inperson with most modules in a residenital setting
- all residential modules start at 15.00
- all modules in Brussels start at 10 am CET
- the day of nourishment can be booked on a date of your choice throughout 2025
Assessment period with supervision and certification
As of 2026 you will be able to organise your own pilot course and prepare for assessment. You will be required to book 4 supervision sessions with one of the teachers of the programme. The supervision is a gentle process in which we explore together your process, challenges and learnings during your teaching and personal practice. You can find more information about supervision here. For this process we will use the criteria of the internationally recognized MBI TAC, the mindfulness based intervention teaching assessment criteria. You will be required to prepare a written report and send in the recordings of your guided meditations that you have prepared for your pilot course as well as a video recording of one session of this course. This material will be reviewed by your supervisor and you will receive structured feedback on it.
Overview & Costs
Early bird rates for the program are as follows (until 30 June 2024):
Price incl. VAT:
- Pay-in-full: €4999 (€4131 excl VAT), Full fee €5199 (€4296 excl VAT)
- 2 Instalments: 2x €2750 (€2272 excl. VAT), Full fee €2850 (€2355 excl VAT)
- 6 instalments 6x €959 (€792 excl VAT), Full fee €992 (€819 excl VAT)
- 12 instalments of €499 (€394 excl VAT), Full fee €598 (€494 excl VAT)
Supervision and Assessment €499 (€412 excl vAT)
Included in the fee
- The fee of the teachers for 23 days of teaching
- Full board accommodation for the five residential modules (extra charge for single rooms)
- Course material such as summaries, guided meditations and videos/recordings
- Access to a specific webpage with all relevant material
- Delicious organic vegetarian meals during the residential modules
- Snacks, tea and coffee throughout the day
- Exclusive use of the entire location and its beautiful garden
- Structured review of your progress and assignments
- A 60-minute tutorial with one of the head teachers
- Certificate of completion provided that you participated in all modules
Not included in the fee
- Supervision and assessment of your pilot course (€480)
- Summer retreat
- Single room fee
- Linen and towels at the retreat center
- Lunch during the Brussels modules
Some feedback from former participants of the training
"Signing up for the teacher training with Brussels Mindfulness was one of the best decisions I’ve made, both personally and professionally. The retreat-like modules were deep and nourishing, my peer group kept me on track and gave me the confidence to start teaching, and my pilot course helped me realise how much I had learnt and how good it feels to share these practices with others. I can’t recommend the training enough. Even if you’re not 100% sure you want to teach, I would invite you to consider it as a means of deepening your own practice and for the sense of community, both during and after the training." - Steve D
"When I engaged in the training I was not sure if I would like to become a mindfulness teacher. I only wanted to deepen my journey in a structured way with like-minded people. The training has given me so much more than what I was expecting. It has been transformative, enriching and given me an enormous number of tools and skills. At my work people have asked me to guide lunch-time meditation sessions and they keep on asking for more. It is such a joyful and deeply rewarding experience to provide these sessions that now I am seriously considering of giving an 8-week course." – Course participant.
"This Teacher Training is so much more than I expected it to be. Learning about Mindfulness and MBSR is one thing. Becoming a well-equipped teacher is another and - if you ask me - essential criterium when you aspire to add value and coach people towards growth in (mindfulness) trainings. I'm happy to see this often very practical training is at the core of this. What I appreciate a lot personally is that this training is not only about the 'good news show' of mindfulness. We also spend time exploring criticism, different opinions, available research, history and future of mindfulness training." – Niels Piette, course participant.
"I am so grateful that I have chosen this training. Jake is such a wonderful teacher and he really knows how to teach in a way to engage everyone. It is really fun to come to the modules and meet the other participants who have become real friends for me. The morning and evening meditation sessions are wonderful moments to deepen my practice and to come to rest. This will change your life for ever- in a positive direction- an absolute must if you are interested in mental growth and wellbeing!" – Course participant.
"The teacher training combines passion for mindfulness with a professional approach to teaching it. It strengthened my own meditation practice and gave me excellent guidance on how to practically implement an MBSR course. I would sign up straight away again!" – Course participant.
"The Teacher Training programme has been one of the best learning experiences in my life. It sets very high academic standards in an environment that fosters openness, creativity and a deep human bond." – Elena Prokhorova, course participant.
Prior to your application you should have:
- Followed an 8-week mindfulness course as a participant in a group
- Completed some form of higher education (at least Bachelor’s degree).
- Attended at least one retreat day (click here for our days of nourishment and retreats)
- Have a daily meditation practice for a few months prior to the teacher training
To book your spot at the teacher training you are requested to fill in the form and send an advance payment of 499€. This amount will be deducted from the overall fee once you are accepted into the training. Please make sure you have proof for all the requirements before applying for this training. Should there be any doubts concerning your application we will contact you for a call. Should you not fulfil the application requirements your advance payment will be fully reimbursed.
Enrol now to benefit from our early bird discount of €200 until 30 June 2024
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions. For administrative and practical questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about our courses and events, have a look at our FAQ.
If you want to discuss something directly with the teacher, you can contact Beate Trück via email@example.com.
Many thanks for your registration. We look forward to meeting you in the course.
While meditation and well-being courses, workshops and other in-person events can be very nourishing; they can demand some stability of psychological health and can be triggering for some people.
Have you experienced significant trauma or psychiatric illness, or are your currently struggling with your mental health such as with anxiety, depression, or burnout? If so, it's important for you and the mindfulness trainer to discuss your specific situation as they might not be able to give you the kind of individual psychological care and support you need right now.
If you are currently under the care of a mental health professional, please discuss your attendance with them. You should be in a relatively stable period of mental well-being and have adequate psychological resilience.
Please fill in the questions in the registration form as open and honestly as possible to give us an idea of your current situation. The teacher of the event may reach out to you for more information.
We also ask that if you are feeling ill to consider not attending the class, for the health and safety of the trainer and others in the group. Listening to your body and taking rest can also be an important act of self-care.
If you are unsure, or have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be asked to fill out your name and further contact details in the next page.
Once you click the registration button, you will be taken to a secure payment system (first e-act.nl and then mollie.com). Your data will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with third parties, except for the information necessary to process the payment.