Calming the mind, opening the heart
Wednesday 6 July until Sunday 10 July 2022, start on Wednesday at 10.30. A silent retreat led by certified and experienced mindfulness teacher Beate Trück.
Are you looking for a relaxing summer break not too far away where you will be entirely spoilt and taken care off? A mindfulness retreat is the ideal place to nourish yourself: enjoy a beautiful location, delicious organic food, relaxing meditations, inspiring evening talks, moments of silence and moments of deep sharing with like-minded people, long walks and time-out from the busyness of daily life. Special treat for those who'd like to: ayurvedic massages for deep healing with our beloved Katrien Maes.
In this retreat we will take a deep dive into mindfulness and practice how to find inner peace and open our heart. Each day will offer a sustained schedule of guided meditations, yoga practices, possibility for group sharing, inspiring evening talks, all within an underlying environment of silence. It takes place at the beautiful "Maison du Chemin des Roches" in Wallonia, a retreat centre offering a beautiful meditation hall and garden and organic delicious food.
Please note that this retreat is valid as a prerequisite to complete the mindfulness teacher training.
What does a retreat look like?
Being away from day-to-day demands and all the external chatter means time to reflect, to reconnect with your true self and with nature. When the part of you that wants to be in control and that is afraid of change is dominant, you are cut off from your deeper wisdom and intuition. But if you rest and create space to tap into your creative energy, you can get in touch with what truly matters and what kind of life you would really like to lead. People have reported that long after the retreat they could still feel the benefits of it, and that this nourishing feeling goes on for quite a while.
The retreat will be held in English. It will be mostly in silence, with the possibility for one daily check-in with the teacher and small groups.
Would this be your first retreat? Have a look at our article about what happens on a mindfulness meditation retreat.
You will be enjoying
- The alternation of formal practices such as sitting and walking meditations and yoga
- Practices for deep relaxation
- Delicious and nourishing vegetarian food
- Free time to enjoy walks or simply relaxing in the beautiful surroundings
- A group of like-minded people with whom you can share experiences and grow together
- Silence to encourage reflection and healing
- Daily evening talks to deepen the learning
- Opportunities to share your experiences in daily group meetings
- Exclusive use of the entire location
- The support of a group of like-minded people in meditating together
- Time to simply be and to rest
- The possibility for a healing ayurvedic massage
Some benefits of a mindfulness retreat
- Tapping into your inner resources contributes to feeling more rested, relaxed and calm
- Learning how to gain greater physical and psychological wellbeing
- Powerful new insights to take back into your daily life
- A new sense of inner freedom and the ability to see more clearly what really matters to you
- Self-compassion and being on your own side
- Getting clarity on how to stop some unhelpful habits in your life and how to replace them by more useful ones
- The ability to respond more skilfully to life's challenges when they arise
- Finding a way to peace and wholeness in this busy, stressful world we live in
This retreat is ideal for anyone who has followed a mindfulness course or has some experience with meditation or yoga and is looking for ways to deepen their practice. It is not recommended if you are currently suffering from depression or any other mental illness. Should you be in doubt, please contact the teacher before registering.
The retreat will take place in beautiful "Maison du Chemin des Roches" in Dongelberg, about 45 minutes from Brussels.
The location is a haven of peace and calm. It is surrounded by many beautiful walks through the fields and woods. The cook will provide us with delicious meals and tea will be available throughout the retreat.
The accommodation is in simple, but comfortable double rooms with shared bathrooms. There are also some single rooms available upon additional charge.
Carpooling will be facilitated before the retreat. Please note that we can only accept car pooling requests until one week before the start of the retreat and we will only put participants in touch with one another.
To ensure your comfort and safety during our activities, we follow all recommended sanitary guidelines set by the government.
Among others, we take the following health measures for in-person activities:
- Small groups to allow enough space between participants
- Amenities to wash and disinfect your hands regularly
- Locations are cleaned and ventilated several times a day
- Possibility for outdoor meditations whenever the weather allows it
- The teacher is fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Use of masks for indoor activities, in accordance with the local requirements
- Our massage therapist ensures that all relevant hygiene standards are maintained (disinfection of the location, change of towels between clients, use of masks etc.)
- Participants are required to stay at home when experiencing symptoms or when in situations that require respecting quarantine measures
Please note that we monitor any change in corona measures and apply them as soon as required by the authorities. This may require us to make changes to the agenda. Should we be required to cancel the retreat, we will do our best to postpone the activity to a new date or provide you with a relevant alternative activity should you prefer this.
Given that we will be together for 5 days; eating, sleeping and meditating in the same spaces, we would like everybody in the group to feel secure. For this reason, we want to ask you to take a PCR-test max 72 hours or a self-test max 24 hours before the start of the retreat, if you have not been vaccinated twice yet. Knowing that every member of the group is negative, will feel more comfortable for all. Please make sure to bring your proof, to be shown during the registration process.
The retreat will start on Wednesday 6 July at 10.30, and end on Sunday 10 July at 14.00.
Sample programme for a full day:
07.30 – 09.00 Mindful movement and meditation
09.00 – 10.00 Breakfast
10.00 - 11.00 Karma Yoga (helping in the kitchen etc.)
11.00 – 12.00 Meditation instructions and sitting meditation
12.00 – 12.30 Walking meditation
12.30 – 14.30 Lunch
14.30 – 15.15 Sitting meditation
15.15 – 16.00 Walking meditation or group sharing
16.00 – 16.45 Body scan practice
16.45 – 17.30 Walking meditation
17.30 – 18.00 Sitting meditation
18.00 – 19.30 Dinner
19.30 – 21.00 Evening talk and guided meditation
21.00 Rest or further practice
This is an indicative programme, the actual timings might change (except starting and end times). The final programme will be displayed at the location.
Beate Trück is a certified and experienced mindfulness teacher (MBSR) and also a positive neuroplasticity teacher, authorised by Dr. Rick Hanson. She has led many retreats to an international audience over the past years and is also responsible for the 2-year mindfulness teacher training at Brussels Mindfulness.
In her retreats she likes to combine mindfulness and positive neuroplasticity meditations which have a very calming and uplifting effect. Participants like her warm and inclusive style and some of them come back regularly to her retreats.
Extra: massages available
Katrien Maes, experienced ayurvedic therapist, will offer full-body massages during one day of the retreat at the rate of €70 for a session of one hour. Katrien has been offering these massage for the past years on our retreats and people are always enthusiastic about them. The massages offer a wonderful opportunity to deepen your relaxation and get more in touch with your body. You will receive more information about how to book a session in the practical mail sent shortly before the retreat.
Rate for the retreat of 4 nights/5 days with meals and accommodation in a double room:
- Early bird fee until 5 June 2022: €850 (incl. VAT)
- Full fee: € 950 (incl. VAT)
Included in the fee
- Fees of the teacher and her assistant
- Accommodation in double rooms (single rooms are available at an additional cost)
- All meals (vegetarian and organic)
- Tea, coffee and snacks throughout the day
- Exclusive use of the entire location, its beautiful meditation hall and garden
- Lifetime access to over 200 guided meditations
Not included in the fee
- The rent of towels and sheets (preferably bring your own): €15
- Extra charge for single room: €30 per night. Should you want to book a single room, please send us an email upon registration via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an additional invoice shortly before the start.
- The massages (€70 for one hour)
This retreat will offer vegetarian meals. Please note that we cannot cater for any other diets or allergies except of lactose and gluten free meals. Should you follow another diet or have any other allergy or intolerance, please bring your own food. In such cases, no partial refund can be granted.
This retreat is almost fully booked. only one spot in a shared male room is available. please email us at email@example.com if you would like to book it.
"The location, schedule and teachers created an optimal environment for me to get my mind set to meditation. A wonderful and intense experience which may have lasted longer - but five days is fine!"
"The retreat allowed me to settle my mind, to feel safe and supported. The place was ideal to relax and practice. Jake is an amazing teacher and I learned a lot from his guidance and the way he walks the talk. I will definitively return."
"I attended a 5-day summer retreat with Brussels Mindfulness and I really felt that I deepened my commitment to my mindfulness practice even more. It was a beautiful location in the middle of nature and we were able to attend an intense programme of different mindfulness practices throughout the 5 days; The teachers and the group were very kind and supportive and I felt very well taken care of during the whole stay. Thank you, Brussels Mindfulness team!"
"The Summer retreat was like a breath of fresh air! The timing was just perfect for me. After these days I feel rested and recharged on mental and physical level. Thank you Brussels Mindfulness for organising this retreat on such an excellent level!"
"A 5-day silent retreat is an excellent way to deepen one's meditation practise and push the reset button. Sometimes it is not always an easy experience but the Brussels Mindfulness staff provides excellent support to guide you through. I thoroughly recommend their retreats, which are extremely well organised."
Read more testimonials here.
Please fill out the form below in order to register for the retreat. Your answers are important for the trainer to understand your motivation to participate.
Please check our terms & conditions about cancellations and refunds.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions. For administrative and practical questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about our courses and events, have a look at our FAQ.
If you want to discuss something directly with the teacher, you can contact Beate Trück via email@example.com.
Many thanks for your registration. We look forward to meeting you in the course.
You will be asked to fill out your name and further contact details in the next page.
Once you click the registration button, you will be taken to a secure payment system (first e-act.nl and then mollie.com). Your data will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with third parties, except for the information necessary to process the payment.