Level 1 modules: Mindfulness Teacher Training – Foundations Programme
There are 3 immersive, residential modules and one full day, taking place from October 2021 to April 2022. In total, There will be 10 days of teaching for level 1.
- Module 1: 7-10 October 2021 with Lot Heijke and Beate Trück
- Module 2: 14-16 January 2022 with Lot Heijke and Beate Trück
- Module 3: 23-24 April 2022 with Sandrine Rauters
- One Day of Nourishment of your choice with Beate Trück or Alena Reisinger.
- If you like to start the training with a retreat there is the possibility to join our August weekend retreat from 27 to 29 August.
Upon completion of the foundations year, you will be able to deliver short mindfulness interventions, start guiding meditations and teaching elements of the 8-week programme in a supervised setting.
Level 2 modules: Mindfulness Teacher Training – Advanced Programme
The second level requires participation in a 5-day silent retreat, as well as 4 modules taking place from September 2022 to April 2023. There will be 11 days of teaching and a 5-day retreat for level 2. Trainees can also choose to participate in a 5-day silent retreat elsewhere.
- 6-10 July 2022: Residential 5-day summer retreat with Jake Dartington
- Module 4: 22-25 September 2022 with Lot Heijke, Claude Maskens and Beate Trück
- Module 5: 12-13 November 2022 with Jake Dartington (online module)
- Module 6: 14-15 January 2023 with Lot Heijke and Beate Trück
- Module 7: 17-19 March 2023 with Lot Heijke and Beate Trück
Assessment period with supervision and certification
All residential modules take place at Retreat Centre La Maison du Chemin des Roches in Dongelberg in Wallonia, some 45 min from Brussels. The retreat centre is a true haven of peace with a beautiful meditation hall, delicious organic and vegetarian food, a large garden and comfortable rooms. The residential setting offers the perfect opportunity to get away from the demands and the business of your daily life and to give yourself a healthy treat.
Do not hesitate to contact us to receive the recording of the last information session with Beate Trück, Lot Heijke and Alena Reisinger or if you have any other question.
To ensure your comfort and safety during our activities, we follow all recommended sanitary guidelines set by the government. Among others, we take the following health measures for in-person activities:
- Small groups to allow enough space between participants
- Amenities to wash and disinfect your hands regularly
- Locations are cleaned and ventilated several times a day
- Possibility for outdoor meditations whenever the weather allows it
- Use of masks for indoor activities, in accordance with the local requirements
- The teachers are fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Participants are required to stay at home when experiencing symptoms or when in situations that require respecting quarantine measures
Please note that we monitor any change in corona measures and apply them as soon as required by the authorities. This may require us to make changes to our planned courses. Should we be required to cancel residential courses, we will maintain the module dates in order to respect everybody's planning as much as possible. In this case, we will temporarily move the teaching online and offer compensation for this change.
Overview & costs
|Year||Including||Price excl. VAT*||Price incl. VAT*|
||€ 2.065||€ 2.499|
||€ 2.148||€ 2.599|
||€ 495||€ 599|
* The price does not include single rooms, for which there will be an additional charge.
** The payments can be paid in three instalments spread over the year.
Included in the fee
- The fee of the teachers
- Accommodation for the residential modules (extra charge for single rooms)
- Course material such as handbooks, guided meditations and videos
- Delicious organic vegetarian meals
- Snacks, tea and coffee throughout the day
- Exclusive use of the entire location and its beautiful garden
- Structured review of your progress and assignments
- The diplomas after successful completion of year 1 and 2
Conditions for admission to the programme
Prior to your application you should have:
- Followed an 8-week mindfulness course as a participant in a group.
- Completed some form of higher education (at least Bachelor’s degree).
- Attended one silent retreat of at least 2 nights. (Due to the corona situation proof of this retreat can be submitted at a later stage, at the latest before starting the assessment in 2023.)
- Have a daily meditation practice since a few months.
Documents to submit to your application
Please submit the following documents when applying for the teacher training before 31 August 2021:
1. Certificates of attendance for all required courses (copies are sufficient), details of all mindfulness training and retreats you have followed, and if applicable, teaching and supervision experience. If you have participated in courses or retreats with Brussels Mindfulness, it is sufficient to provide us with the name and date of the activity so we can find it back in our system.
2. Reflective writing (1000 words) on your experience of your development as a mindfulness practitioner. You might want to consider questions such as
- What draws me to mindfulness and mindfulness practice?
- What is particularly challenging in my mindfulness practice?
- What intrigues me and keeps me motivated?
- How has my practice developed over time?
- How does the practice serve me in times of difficulty?
- What is my motivation to teach or be part in this training?
Please, include the following in your letter as well:
- Contact details, including your home address
- Information on whether you would like to pay in one or three instalments
- Information whether you would like to participate in the 5-day summer retreat in 2021 (and benefit from a 50€ discount)
Please submit this information to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 August. Please note that once the course is full (max. 20 participants) no further applications will be accepted.