By Beate Trück.
Has mindfulness transformed your life in a positive way and are you looking for ways to deepen the practice and pass it on to others?
Mindfulness training programmes have attained solid ground in many areas of life: personal development, work, health, education, leadership, parenting, childbirth etc.
As mindfulness is becoming more mainstream, there is a growing need for professionalism. While more people are starting to teach mindfulness, there is an increasing need for teachers with a solid background and certified training skills.
Brussels Mindfulness offers a Mindfulness Teacher Training programme in 2 years, starting in January 2020. With lead teacher Jake Dartington, and Claude Maskens, Sandrine Rauter, Caroline de Vos, Steve Savels, Beate Trück. Completion of all parts of the programme leads to the award of a Certificate of Competency in Teaching Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
Are you still doubting whether this could be the right training for you?
Here is a checklist for you which can help you to take that decision:
- You would like to deepen your practice and understanding of mindfulness. The training will provide you with a significant boost of your practice and increase your learning about mindfulness. You will be learning about the Buddhist foundations of mindfulness, cognitive psychology and psycho-education, trauma-sensitive mindfulness, group processes, the practice of yoga, the process of inquiry and so much more.
- You would like to make new friends who are interested in meditation. There is something about spending about 2 years with a group of likeminded meditators, sharing life lessons, struggles, learning together. Your buddies will watch you grow and change and before you know it, they will become almost like family.
- You are looking for a change in your life. Maybe you are searching for ways to change career or you are simply looking for new ways to live a more balanced life.
- You want to increase your wellbeing and boost your mental growth. A teacher training teaches you how to listen in a deep, intuitive way to yourself how to become more fulfilled and flourish in life. Also, by listening to the different teachers you will be inspired by their way of teaching and walking the talk.
- You want to share mindfulness with others. The best way to share something is to learn how to teach it. Sharing mindfulness can be in many ways: Either you would like to give 8-week mindfulness training to individuals and/or companies. Or you are a coach/therapist and would like to bring mindfulness into your work with clients. It can be also that you would like to bring mindfulness into the organisation where you work and do so in a professional way.
- You want to figure out what it is that you have to offer the world. By engaging in a teacher training with other soul searchers, you will start to understand what it is that you are here to do. This isn’t something most people figure out in a lifetime … Which makes training a helpful tool to becoming wiser early on in life and reap the benefits for a long time.
- You want to make an investment in the future of your whole self. Teacher trainings aren’t cheap, but you will not regret this experience. You will grow, learn, evolve .. plus you will be able to teach a mindfulness class at the end of the training and earn the fee right back.
- You want to be kinder to and take better care of yourself. We are often so harsh on ourselves and our constant self-criticism makes us even more exhausted. It is a radical act of love to learn to love yourself first and to treat yourself like a good friend. By taking good care of yourself you make sure your energy bucket remains full so you can keep giving to others.
- You are looking for a new way to earn extra income. Teaching mindfulness is not only rewarding, it is also a great way to earn a good income.