Sunday 28 October 2018
From 10.00 to 17.00
Location : Chant d’Oiseau (Woluwe Saint-Pierre)
How to remain calm and grounded as a parent
- Do you have enough of being stressed out by your child’s tantrums?
- Do you feel depleted by parenting and wish for more understanding and harmony in the family?
- Do you wish to live your life as a parent with a real sense of joy and peacefulness and with better focus on the important things?
“I thought of myself as a very calm person, then I became a mother…”
Having children is wonderful. Raising children can be the hardest thing in the world. Every day there are countless situations when we as parents get triggered, emotional, or frustrated. Especially the evenings can become tough on everybody when there is no energy and patience left for the struggles that tired children (and tired parents) fight before ending the day.
Within all those little and repeating disputes, it can be difficult to keep the bigger picture in mind and to not lose the love and the goodwill for our children out of sight.
Mindful parenting is about how to stay calm and grounded, no matter what is happening around you. If you want to grow a deeper and more meaningful connection to your child/children, practicing mindfulness will help you to establish a firm foundation of love and understanding – not only for your child but also for yourself.
This workshop is suitable for beginners and for people who already have some experience with mindfulness.
What will you learn?
A mix of theory, practice and sharing will be offered throughout the workshop. You will learn
- How to stay present, grounded and connected to your child(ren), even when they do not act as you wish.
- How to respond more thoughtfully to stressful and challenging situations, rather than reacting automatically and getting more upset.
- How to deal better with difficult thoughts and emotions that might otherwise stress you out or drag you down in a spiral of helplessness and frustration.
- How to integrate mindfulness into your family so that your life as a parent can be more joyful and rewarding.
- How to stay in touch with your own needs and to be kind and true to yourself.
What you will walk away with
- Mindfulness skills and tools to implement into everyday life.
- Insights into how to stay grounded when being in conflict with your child.
- An understanding of the child’s brain and developmental stages to better attune to what is needed.
- Access to guided meditations, specifically designed for parents.
- A handout with a summary and some exercises to take home.
Berenice Boxler is teacher at Brussels Mindfulness, specialised in mindful parenting and mindfulness for children and mindful communication. People like her calm and compassionate way of teaching. She has two children aged 4 and 6 who challenge her every day.
Rate for the full-day workshop including lunch, tea breaks and handout: € 125
Please check our terms and conditions.
Please fill out the form below in order to register for the Workshop on Mindful Parenting on Sunday 28 October 2018.
Registration will close on Friday 26 October 2018.
Your answers to these questions are important for the trainer to be able to admit you to the day.
The information you provide will be treated confidentially and will never be shared with third parties.
We will get in touch with you if we have any questions, so please provide the phone number on which we can most easily reach you.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you would have any questions.
For administrative and practical questions, please contact email@example.com.
If you want to discuss something directly with the trainer, here's how you can contact us:
Berenice Boxler – firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks for your registration and we are looking forward to meeting you in the day.