Saturday 27 October 2018.
From 9.30 to 13.00.
Location: at the training centre MM81 (Etterbeek)
The Art of Mindful Communication
Learning how to listen deeply and speak in a way that is heartfelt and true.
With Berenice Boxler
- Do you know the unsatisfying feeling of talking to someone and the other person is clearly absent-minded?
- Do you get annoyed by trying to make your point but the other person is simply not able or willing to understand?
- Are you fed up with getting advice or well-meant solutions when you simply need an open ear – and no problem solving?
- Do you feel stuck in a relationship due to miscommunication?
According to statistics, over 90 percent of the adult population think of themselves as good listeners. Reality looks quite different.
Speaking, listening, texting SMS or writing emails – we communicate countless times every day. Language is one of our most important means of connecting with other people. Our communication is usually characterized by firm patterns and habits, driven by impulses and emotions that make us regularly say things we might regret at a later stage. Or we simply forget what another person told us because we were not mentally present in the conversation.
Mindful communication is an inspiring way of connecting with other people and with our own inner needs and feelings. Bringing awareness into our conversation opens up a whole new range of understanding and with this more flexibility, creativity and compassion.
The more we understand what is being communicated – in words and what lies underneath – , the more we can relate and connect to each other and with this deepen our relationships.
What will you learn?
A mix of theory, practice and sharing will be offered throughout the workshop.
We will understand the basics of mindful communication and how to speak and listen so that we reach a mutual understanding. We will learn the principles by which we can invite the other person to really listen to our needs.
What you will walk away with
- An understanding of the basics of mindful communication.
- Insights into how to stay grounded in a conversation.
- Some tools to listen for what lies underneath every conversation.
- Tools to increase the other person’s willingness to listen.
- Lots of tips and ideas on how to speak from the heart.
- A handout with a summary of the workshop.
Berenice Boxler is a mindfulness teacher at Brussels Mindfulness, specialised in mindful communication, mindful parenting, and mindfulness for children. People like her calm and compassionate way of teaching.
Rate for 3-hour workshop including a handout and a tea break: € 85 per person.
Please check our terms and conditions.
Please fill out the form below in order to register for the Half-day workshop on Mindful Communication on Saturday 27 October 2018.
Your answers to these questions are important for the trainer to be able to admit you to the workshop.
The information you provide will be treated confidentially and will never be shared with third parties.
We will get in touch with you if we have any questions, so please provide the phone number on which we can most easily reach you.
Registration will end on Friday 26 October 2018.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you would have any questions.
For administrative and practical questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to discuss something directly with the trainer, here's how you can contact us:
Berenice Boxler - email@example.com
Many thanks for your registration and we are looking forward to meeting you in the workshop.