Av. de Tervueren 81
Metro: Merode or Montgomery
Teacher Training: Finding peace in a frantic world
A two-day workshop on how to teach the “Finding peace in a frantic world” programme for individuals and in organisations.
In person at MM81, June 10th from 10.00 – 17.00 CET & June 11th from 9.30 - 16.00
With senior mindfulness teacher and teacher trainer, Beate Trück
A practical introduction into how to teach the curriculum with lots of practices and concrete tips
This workshop provides training on how to teach the 8-week Mindfulness course: “Finding Peace in a Frantic World” in its adaptation by Brussels Mindfulness. This curriculum is developed from MBCT (Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy) which is based on the best-selling book by Mark Williams and Danny Penman. It provides a practical and accessible introduction to mindfulness with 6 or 8 weekly sessions of 60-120 minutes and daily home practices of 10-20 minutes.
It includes practices and exercises for working with stress and increasing wellbeing and resilience. The curriculum is suitable for delivering to adults in workplaces, universities, and schools, and to the general public. With its unique mix of didactic teaching, short practices, and deep sharing it is particularly well suited for the busy population in Brussels dealing with an abundance of stress, overwhelm, and tight deadlines.
This workshop is for fully trained Mindfulness teachers (MBSR, MBCT, or Mindfulness for Life).
It is ideal for people who have trained with Brussels Mindfulness and have already experienced the programme, but it is also open for everyone else with a certification.
What will you learn?
We will be tackling the following aspects:
- The theoretical background and rationale for the Finding Peace in a Frantic World curriculum
- The structure and sequence of the curriculum (as it is taught at Brussels Mindfulness)
- How to teach the new practices and exercises
- New concepts practiced in small groups with trainer feedback
- How to adapt the curriculum for the workplace
- How to assess if this curriculum is useful for the specific population
- The intake and orientation session
- Specificities of the meditations for the programme
What can you expect?
- Learn about the background and rationale for the Finding Peace in a Frantic World curriculum
- Understand the structure and sequence of this curriculum
- Reflect on similarities and differences between this curriculum and the MBSR programme
- Practice teaching the key practices and exercises that are part of this curriculum
- Explore considerations for delivering this curriculum to adults in a variety of settings
- Reflect on what needs to be considered for teaching this programme at the workplace
- Practice inquiry with your peers
- Meet other mindfulness teachers and connect on a deeper level
- Listen to case studies from an experienced teacher who has been teaching this curriculum for 10 years
The indicative programme
09.30 Arrivals, coffee, tea, and registration
10.00 Session 1 (including break)
14.00 Session 2 (including break)
17.00 End of day
09.30 Session 3 (including break)
13.30 Session 4 (including break)
15.30 Closing round
16.00 End of day
Beate Trück is a senior mindfulness teacher and teacher trainer and has been teaching the Frantic World curriculum for almost a decade. She has taught it in courses to the general public and in more than 100 companies in different languages, in person and online. Over the years, she has slightly adapted it for the specific populations that she was teaching, and she has prepared handbooks and recorded meditations in 4 languages for this programme.
Beate has extensive experience and passion for this programme and has taught it in the European institutions, numerous public organisations, governments, international companies, and associations. As a teacher trainer for the Brussels Mindfulness teacher training programme where the MBSR curriculum is taught, she will be able to reflect on the main differences between these two programmes.
The day will take place at MM81, a beautiful and spacious Maison de maître between metro Merode and Montgomery on Avenue de Tervueren in Brussels. It also has a lovely garden with a pond. If the weather allows, we will do some outdoor practices in the beautiful garden.
Parking is available on the street, and is free on Sunday.
Tea, coffee and snacks are available throughout the day.
If you are coming from outside of Brussels and are looking for someone to host you, please let us know and we will share your request in the group.
What to bring
- Please bring your own lunch each day
- Your meditation cushion and a mat (and a blanket if you desire)
- Notebook and pen
€ 299 early bird discount until 30 April 2023
€349 (incl. VAT), included in the fee:
- Handouts with a detailed overview of each session in the Frantic World course
- Snacks and drinks
- A link to guided meditations specific for the Frantic World course
- Possibility to join online for a reduced fee (email email@example.com if you are interested in this option)
If you would need an invoice with your business details listed, please get in touch prior to registering (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions. For administrative and practical questions, please contact email@example.com. For questions about our courses and events, have a look at our FAQ.
If you want to discuss something directly with the teacher, you can contact Beate Trück via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks for your registration. We look forward to meeting you in the course.
Health & Well-being Guidelines
In order to ensure the health of all our participants, we will implement Covid measures according to the official regulations following the corona barometer at the time of the event. These measures will be communicated to registered participants prior to the start of the event.
Please fill out the form below in order to register. Your answers are important for the trainer to understand your motivation to participate.
Please check our terms & conditions about cancellations and refunds.
You will be asked to fill out your name and further contact details in the next page.
Once you click the registration button, you will be taken to a secure payment system (first e-act.nl and then mollie.com). Your data will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with third parties, except for the information necessary to process the payment.