Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 October 2018.
At the beautiful farm "The Abode" in the Flemish Pajottenland close to Brussels.
Carpooling will be organised shortly before the event.
How to get a happy brain
Residential and non-residential retreat for everyone who wants to lead a happier life. Based on the scienifically validated method of positive neuroplasticity (PNP) by Dr. Rick Hanson.
With Beate Trück (mindfulness and PNP trainer)
Why is it so hard to let go of unwanted thoughts and patterns? And what are practical steps that we could take to become free of some old “baggage”, and simply be happy?
In this retreat, we will show you a simple method to transform ordinary day-to-day experiences into inner strengths, such as resilience, self-confidence, compassion, joy and a feeling of being loved. The mindful internalisation of such psychological resources can help us deal with feelings of anxiety, depression, anger, addiction, loss, and shame, and support well-being, emotional healing, and spiritual praxis.
Based on the neurobiology of learning, Dr. Rick Hanson has developed a simple method called “HEAL” for taking in the good. It consists of four basic steps, whose application lasts only a few seconds each time:
- H – Have a beneficial experience, either by noticing one or by creating one in your imagination.
- E – Enrich the experience, in terms of duration, intensity, multimodality, novelty, or salience.
- A – Absorb the experience, i.e. make your memory systems more receptive by priming and sensitizing them.
- L – Link positive and negative material, in effect overwriting negative memories (optional step).
The retreat will combine basic information about the relevant functions of the brain with practical HEAL exercises and mindfulness meditations. It is recommended for everyone interested in or engaged in spiritual practice, who would like to enhance its effect and who would like to deepen a sense of peace, joy, and love.
What to expect
- Mindfulness meditations.
- Mindful yoga.
- Teaching based on the HEAL method by Rick Hanson, geared towards application in simple steps.
- Practical exercises and sharing in small groups.
- A beautiful location in the countryside where you can unwind.
- Tasty organic vegetarian food.
What you walk away with
- A comprehensive syllabus with some practical tips and tools.
- A set of mindfulness meditations for a happy brain.
- A renewed ability to connect to your own sources of deep joy and calm.
- New ideas and inspiration on how to deepen your mindful or spiritual practice.
Beate is managing partner and trainer at Brussels Mindfulness. She is an experienced mindfulness trainer, trained for MBSR at arbor-Seminare, and has given many retreats to an international audience over the past years. Participants like her warm and inclusive style and some of them come back to her retreats regularly. She was trained on positive neuropsychology and HEAL by Rick Hanson from 2015 to 2018. More information on HEAL and positive neuropsychology can be found at http://www.rickhanson.net/.
9.00 Arrivals, coffee and registration
9.30 Welcome & start with some mindful moving and meditation
10.00 The brain and the mind
12.15 Lunch break
14.00 Having a good experience
15.30 Tea break
16.00 Enriching and absorbing a good experience
17.30 Mindful walking
19.00 Experiencing key resources, including relaxation and sharing
20.30 end of day
8.00 Yoga and meditation
10.00 Growing strengths for safety and satisfaction
13.30 Mindful walking
14.00 Growing strengths for connection
14.30 Wrap-up, final meditation, sharing
16.00 Tea and cake
This is an indicative agenda and is subject to change. All teaching parts involve meditative and other exercises, in small or bigger groups.
Rate for the retreat of 1 night with meals and accommodation in a shared twin room: € 330.
Register now and pay only a deposit of € 150. Balance due beginning of October 2018.
We encourage you to register as soon as possible to secure your place and to enable us to decide in time whether there are enough participants to organise the retreat.
Registrations will close on Tuesday 16 October 2018.
Please check our terms & conditions.