- 2-hour interactive, live online workshop
- Tuesday 26 March from 19.30 to 21.30 CET
Good night sleep workshop: developing healthy sleeping habits
with mindfulness and positive neuroplasticity teacher Beate Trück
Do you often find yourself tossing and turning in bed for more than half an hour before finally falling asleep, if at all?
Are you waking up during the night or too early in the morning, unable to fall back asleep?
Or perhaps you wake up feeling tired, even after a full 8 hours of sleep?
Did you know that your sleep preparation begins during the day? Your daily activities and habits, whether physically active or not, relaxed or stressed, can significantly impact your sleep. Many factors influencing our sleep are within our control. By introducing healthier habits, learning to pause throughout the day, developing an accepting attitude and establishing bedtime rituals such as organizing your sleep environment and unwinding in the evening, you can take better control of your sleep.
In this workshop, we delve into these elements supported by sleep theory, neuroscience, mindfulness and relaxation techniques to soothe your nervous system. Mindfulness is a key tool to manage stress and rumination and to accept those nights when sleep eludes you.
This workshop is not specifically designed for people with an official medical diagnosis of any sleep disorder (e.g. insomnia) or for anyone who regularly uses prescribed medication (e.g. sleeping pills, antidepressants). The content will be helpful; however, we can't guarantee it will cure your sleep disorder. The workshop is intended as an introduction to some of the topics mentioned above. If you would like to truly introduce some changes in your life for greater wellbeing and less stress we advise you to follow an 8-week mindfulness course.
The workshop is not a substitute for any medical treatment plan, so please continue following your doctor's advice.
What to expect
The 'Good Night Sleep Workshop' is designed to give you some first insights and tools to develop healthier sleeping habits. It consists of a mix of theory about sleep, self-observation and some relaxation practices, including the following:
- Understanding what happens in your brain when you sleep
- Learning how to shift some habits in order to find better sleep
- Understanding how stress and rumination impact your sleep and what you can do about it
- Self-observation about what happens in your body and mind when you can't sleep and how to go about it
- Discovering some relaxation techniques (i.e. breathing, deep relaxation etc)
- Developing wholesome evening routines and rituals
- Organising your sleep environment
- Understanding the power of acceptance
As a follow-up you will receive a handout and a link to specific relaxation exercises.
During the live session, you will experience specific breathing and meditation relaxation practices. These practices are carefully selected and focus on soothing your nervous system and helping you sleep better.
- The workshop will be held in English
- It will be live and interactive and you will get the chance to ask all the questions you might have
- The session will be organised via Zoom, an easy-to-use online meeting tool which allows interactivity. It will be just like a face-to-face class in which you can ask questions, share and interact.
- Can't make it to the live session? Access the replay for two weeks.
Beate Trück is an senior mindfulness teacher, teacher trainer, supervisor and also co-founder of Brussels Mindfulness. She has been trained and certified as a MBSR-teacher by Arbor-Seminare in Germany, and has given many workshops, courses and retreats to an international audience over the past decade. She has also been trained and certified on positive neuropsychology by Rick Hanson. Furthermore she is in charge of the teacher training of Brussels Mindfulness. After a burnout Beate has struggled for many years with sleep and would like to provide her personal approach on what helped her finding her sleep again, underpinned by science.
€ 49 (incl VAT) for the course, including:
- Live online session of 2 hours,
- 2-week access to a replay
- Comprehensive handout
- Links to specific breathwork and meditation practices.
Embark on a journey to transform your sleep and enhance your overall well-being with the "Good Night Sleep Workshop." Join Beate Trück in exploring the path to restful nights and a rejuvenated you.
Please fill out the form below in order to register. Your answers are important for the trainer to understand your motivation to participate.
Please check our terms & conditions about cancellations and refunds.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions. For all administrative and practical questions, please contact us via email@example.com. For questions about our courses and events, have a look at our FAQ.
Many thanks for your registration. We look forward to meeting you soon.
You will be asked to fill out your name and further contact details in the next page.
Once you click the registration button, you will be taken to a secure payment system (first e-act.nl and then mollie.com). Your data will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with third parties, except for the information necessary to process the payment.