three-day Online Retreat taught on Zoom - March 2021 with Jake Dartington
Friday 12 March 2021 until Sunday 14 March 2021. Start on Friday at 10.00 CET and end on Sunday at 16.00 CET.
Cultivating a Wise Heart
Led by Jake Dartington (mindfulness and Dharma teacher)
This three-day retreat will focus on the four aspects of a wise heart: friendliness, compassion, joy and equanimity. We'll explore how these qualities helps us to wisely respond to life’s challenges. There will be teachings on responding to the obstacles that appear to obscure these beautiful qualities. The retreat is part of the six month deepening programme with monthly Dharma talks and meditations, but can also be booked separately.
The retreat will be taught on Zoom and will include opportunities to share with each other at the beginning and the end of the retreat. We will cultivate a sense of community and shared purpose during the retreat. The teacher, Jake Dartington, has many years of experience of teaching on Zoom and creating learning communities online.
Each day, there will be three main periods of teaching:
- 09.30 CET Instructions and guided meditation
- 14.30 CET Guided meditation and movement
- 19.30 CET Guided meditation and Dharma talk
Between these times, you will be given a schedule to follow at home. You will also receive links to guided meditations to use at other times of the day. There will be some small group meetings scheduled for the afternoons.
In these extraordinary times, we need to find creative ways to practise. This retreat aims to meet the challenges of our current environment and bring the feel of a retreat into our own homes.
What does an online retreat look like?
A retreat is a time to step outside of our normal routine and to reconnect with ourselves and the world around us. When you rest and create space, you can get in touch with what truly matters and what kind of life you would really like to lead. People have reported that long after the retreat, they could still feel the benefits of it, and that this nourishing feeling goes on for quite a while.
An online retreat gives you the opportunity to experience a different way of being in your own home environment. This format helps to integrate the lessons learned on the retreat with the rest of your life. Online retreats are a new and creative form of practice that help us take the benefit of retreats into the heart of our lives.
The retreat will be held in English. It will be silent, apart from some group meetings with the teacher.
Below you can listen to some explanation by Jake about the retreat:
You will experience
- The alternation of formal practices such as sitting and walking meditation and yoga.
- Practices for deep relaxation.
- Time to practise informally in your own home and neighbourhood.
- Small group meetings in which you can share your experience and receive guidance on your practice.
- The opportunity to adjust the retreat schedule to meet your own home and family situation.
- Daily Dharma talks by Jake Dartington to deepen the learning.
Some benefits of a mindfulness retreat
- Tapping into your inner resources contributes to feeling more rested, relaxed and calm.
- Learning how to gain greater physical and psychological wellbeing.
- Powerful new insights to take back into your daily life.
- A new sense of inner freedom and the ability to see more clearly what really matters to you.
- Self-compassion and being on your own side.
- Getting clarity on how to stop some unhelpful habits in your life and how to replace them by more useful ones.
- The ability to respond more skilfully to life's challenges when they arise.
- Finding a way to peace and wholeness in this busy, stressful world we live in.
Special lockdown offer: upon registering for this course you receive a free morning meditations pass of 5 sessions to be used immediately and whenever it suits you.
Scroll down to register for this retreat
The retreat will start on Friday 12 March at 10.00 CET and end on Sunday 14 March at 16.00 CET.
Sample programme for a full day:
09.30 – 10.30 Morning teachings and guided meditation.
10.30 – Walking Meditation
11.15 – Sitting Meditation
11.45 – Walking Meditation
12.30 – 14.30 Lunch break
14.30 – 15.15 Mindful Movement and Guided Practice
15.30 – 17.30 Home practice and small group meetings
17.30 – 19.00 Dinner break
19.30 – 21.00 Evening Meditation and Dharma Talk
21.00 – Rest or further practice
The times in bold will be led on Zoom. Other times will be for practising away from the computer.
Jake Dartington, Dharma and mindfulness teacher
Jake is an experienced minduflness and insight meditation teacher. He has been leading many retreats across Europe, increasingly online. Participants like his inspiration, warmth and humour. Jake is also the lead teacher of our mindfulness teacher training porgramme.
€ 199 (incl. VAT), including:
- 3 days with 3 sessions on zoom per day
- guided meditations and instructions for more meditation sessions during the day
- 3 additional small group meetings
- life-time access to all our guided meditations
- recordings of all sessions
- a free pass for 5 live morning meditation sessions
If you wish to register for the online retreat in March combined with the monthly Dharma talks on Wednesday nighrs, you will receive a € 40 discount for the total amount:
Pay 429 € instead of 469€ for both events with Jake Dartington
Please contact us via email@example.com in this case to receive a manual invoice.
Special end-of-year offer: book before 31 December and receive a free morning meditation pass
We would like to offer you a unique wellbeing gift for this difficult fall period by giving you a free pass to our daily morning meditations (5 sessions worth 39€) if you register for a mindfulness course or retreat before 31 December. Enjoy live guided meditations and the connection with a small group which have a truly energizing and soothing effect. You can start at any moment, without the need for prior registration. The morning meditations will start again on 4 January 2021.
Please fill out the form below in order to register for the Online Spring Retreat on Friday 12 March 2021 until Sunday 14 March 2021.
Your answers to these questions are important for the trainer to be able to admit you to the retreat.
We will get in touch with you if we have any questions, so please provide the phone number on which we can most easily reach you.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Many thanks for your registration and we are looking forward to meeting you at the retreat.