Av. de Tervueren 81
Metro: Merode or Montgomery
In-person 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course, Tuesdays from 19.30 to 21.45 CET
- Starting on 12 September 2023
- Course dates: 12, 19, 26 Sept, 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 October 2023
- Location: MM81 (Avenue de Tervueren 81, 1040 Etterbeek)
with Mindfulness Teacher Lorinda Brinton
Early-bird pricing with 50€ savings until 12 August 2023. Click the Sign-up button above or scroll down to register.
Overcoming stress and burnout
- Do you feel overwhelmed or stressed?
- Are you facing concentration or sleeping problems?
- Are you constantly tired or have a lack of energy?
- Looking for a new way?
If so, you are not alone. Many of us find it difficult to create a balance between the demands present in our work and personal lives. At times, you might feel hopeless or overwhelmed and have difficulties concentrating.
Developing our capacity to cope
It is important to recognise when we are in overwhelm mode. And we can learn to develop mental resources to help us cope with the challenges we face and also restore our energy levels.
Mindfulness offers many tried and trusted tools that can help deal with stress and uncertainty. We can learn to cultivate attitudes that help us with our emotions and responses independently of what life presents.
Increasing resilience and wellbeing
Imagine you wake up in the morning feeling confident that you can handle whatever the day brings. You might still experience stress, feel annoyed or be anxious at times, but these feelings don’t determine your life so much anymore. You feel calmer, more focused, and you are able to enjoy the good things more.
Practicing mindfulness can bring such a shift towards greater mental and emotional wellbeing.
How mindfulness can help
An 8-week mindfulness course is not a “quick fix”, nor is it a miracle cure for just about everything. It is a training programme, in which you will learn mental skills and develop new habits and attitudes to deal more skilfully with the challenges of life.
The aim of the programme is to acquire new ways of handle challenging feelings, thoughts, physical sensations, moods or social interactions.
What you learn from an 8-week MBSR programme
In this program there is opportunity for:
- Understanding stress mechanisms: how automatic thoughts, body sensations and feelings reinforce each other
- Increasing body awareness and awareness of “early warning” stress symptoms
- Learning to use breath as an anchor
- Practicing how to step out of cycles of worrying and becoming a more active participant in the workings of your mind and your life
- Becoming aware of your inner critic and how to disengage from it
- Learning to manage your energy and have self-care
- Cultivating inner qualities of compassion and gratitude for yourself and others
- Taking steps to integrate mindfulness into your daily life.
What are some benefits of a mindfulness course?
The majority of people completing the programme report lasting physical and psychological benefits, including:
- An increased ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Heightened self-confidence
- New ways to find moments of inner calm
- A greater sense of overall wellbeing
- An improved sleep quality
Here you can read an in-depth testimonial by a course participant.
Features of a mindfulness programme
During this course you may well discover how you unwillingly contribute to your own stress and unhappiness. By putting in some practice, you can learn new and more helpful ways of dealing with difficult situations.
- 8 weekly, in-person group sessions
- Course led by a certified mindfulness and yoga teacher
- Programme based on the scientifically validated Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction programme (MBSR)
- Small group for a deeper interaction with the teacher and each other
- Weekly emails to deepen your learning with insights and reminders
- Access to over 260 guided meditations and podcasts by our teachers
Note: participation in this course fulfils the requirements to participate in the our Mindfulness Teacher Training programme.
The course will take place at MM81, a beautiful and spacious Maison de maître between metro Merode and Montgomery at 81 Avenue de Tervueren in Brussels.
A sneak-peek before one of our sessions
Mindfulness course practicalities
- The course will be held in English
- Best to wear comfortable clothing if possible
- You will need to bring a yoga mat or a towel for lying down practices
- We will meditate on chairs, but if you prefer you can bring your own meditation cushion
- You will receive an email prior to each session with a reminder of what to bring
- A daily time investment of approximately 30 min would be ideal (to develop your own practice)
Mindfulness teacher Lorinda Brinton
Lorinda is a certified mindfulness and yoga teacher with a passion for helping others find simple and personally meaningful ways to experience well-being. Her friendly style weaves her own experience with standard mindfulness practices such as learning to work with the breath and practicing self-awareness.
Rate for mindfulness course
Early bird rate 429€ until 12 August 2023, thereafter €479 (incl. VAT) regular price, including:
- 8 x 2.25 hours sessions (including a break)
- Comprehensive manual with handouts, worksheets and audio downloads to support your practice
- Delicious teas at every session
- Weekly emails with insights, reminders and practical tips on how to integrate mindfulness into your life
- Availability of the teacher for any mindfulness-related question throughout the course
We hope you will join us! Scroll down to register.
What participants of previous courses said
"The 8-week course was a real eye opener. I loved the coach as well as the group. Everything was done in an atmosphere of compassion and understanding. I feel like now I have this big toolbox that I can keep developing and digging into when I face stressful situations."
"I highly recommend Brussels Mindfulness! The teachers and approach were the right balance of providing a conceptual understanding, hands-on practice, personal and peer reflections and dialogue to understand and integrate what we learnt into who we are and what we do. The impact has been immediate and keeps on going - it is an investment that positively affects the foundations of self and holistic wellbeing!".
"I am now meditating every day! I found the course a good balance of theory, practical and sharing vs actually meditating."
"High quality teachers and extraordinary communication and pedagogical tools (handbook, to-the-point emails, languages, knowledge..). Extraordinary mindfulness course which should be a must for everyone .... impossible not to like it! Mindfulness attitudes so much needed in hectic times.... and delicious raisins (you will find out why)!"
Read more testimonials here and read a long reflection by one of our participants here.
Health & Well-being Guidelines
Important information on your mental well-being and silent retreats
While meditation retreats can be very nourishing; they do require sustained meditation practice throughout your time there. This also demands some stability of psychological health and can be triggering for some people.
Have you experienced significant trauma or psychiatric illness, or are your currently struggling with your mental health such as with anxiety, depression, or burnout? If so, a retreat might not be the best option for you. The teacher might not be able to give you the kind of individual psychological care and support you need right now.
If you are currently under the care of a mental health professional, please discuss your attendance with them. You should be in a relatively stable period of mental well-being and have adequate psychological resilience.
Please fill in the questions in the registration form as open and honestly as possible, this will give us an idea of your current situation. The teacher of the event may reach out to you for more information
If you are unsure, or have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions. For administrative and practical questions, please contact email@example.com. For questions about our courses and events, have a look at our FAQ.
If you want to discuss something directly with the teacher, you can contact Lorinda Brinton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks for your registration. We look forward to meeting you in the session.
Registration for the 8-week mindfulness course
We encourage you to register as soon as possible to secure your place.
If your employer is willing to cover the cost of your course, please send us an email instead of registering via the website, so we can issue an invoice. If you have a diplomatic statute, please email us as well so we can issue an invoice without VAT.
If you have financial difficulties, but feel that participating to this course would help you, please contact us. We will find a solution together.
Several Belgian health insurances provide partial refunds for mindfulness courses. Please get in touch with your health insurance to find out about the procedure. We will be happy to fill in your form at the end of the course.
Please check our terms & conditions about cancellations and refunds.
Please note: It is important that you are in good physical and mental health in order to start a mindfulness course. Especially if you are suffering from acute depression or burnout, we recommend postponing the course until you feel better. If you have professional support by a doctor or psychotherapist, you may wish to consult them first and discuss your ability to participate. The trainers of Brussels Mindfulness are happy to discuss this with you on the phone; however, we cannot take any responsibility for your decision to participate in the course or not.
You will be asked to fill out your name and further contact details in the next page.
Once you click the registration button, you will be taken to a secure payment system (first e-act.nl and then mollie.com). Your data will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with third parties, except for the information necessary to process the payment.