8-week course, Wednesday evenings from 19.30 to 21.30.
- Starting on Wednesday 18 September.
- Course dates: 18, 25 September, 2, 9, 16, 23 October, 6, 13 November 2019.
Location: Training Centre MM81
Positive Neuroplasticity Training: How to get a happy brain
8-week course with Beate Trück, authorised trainer by Dr. Rick Hanson
Why is it so hard to let go of unwanted thoughts and patterns? And what are practical steps that we could take to free ourselves from old unhelpful habits and simply be happy?
In this course we will show you practical tools to transform ordinary day-to-day experiences into inner strengths, such as resilience, self-confidence, compassion, joy and a feeling of being loved. The mindful internalisation of such psychological resources can help us deal with feelings of anxiety, depression, anger, addiction, loss, and shame, and support well-being, emotional healing, and resilience.
The brain is continually remodelling itself as we learn from our experiences. When we repeatedly stimulate a circuit in our brain, we strengthen it. Because our brains are like Velcro for the bad and Teflon for the good, frustration, worry, and stress are quickly wired into your nervous system.
To beat this negativity bias, we will teach you a powerful method - using the science of positive neuroplasticity - for turning everyday experiences into lasting inner strengths including mindfulness, self-compassion, and confidence, for truly resilient well-being.
Humans needs are categorized into 3 different needs: Safety, satisfaction and connection. Through experiencing and practicing we can learn internalize resources that satisfy the needs in theses three areas and increasingly grow an internal core of strength.
The course will combine basic information about the relevant functions of the brain with practical exercises and mindfulness meditations. It is recommended for everyone would like to deepen a sense of peace, joy, and love. It builds on the idea that the mind is like a garden. It needs to be maintained and cultivated, because if it is left to itself it will develop some unhelpful thinking patterns. With mindfulness we can learn to see clearly what is there and learn to practice equanimity a sense of being at peace with how things are right now. We can further train and change our brain for the better through positive neuroplasticity which will inn turn have an effect on our mind and thus create an upwards spiral.
- For people who have followed the 8-week mindfulness course. This course builds on elements of mindfulness and takes it further by teaching methods that can help to change your brain for the better
- For everyone who wants to develop resilience and is interested in personal growth. It is not necessary to have followed a mindfulness course.
With this training you will learn to:
- Develop an increased self-confidence and feeling of agency
- Experience a greater sense of resilience and the ability to bounce back more quickly in difficult times
- Have a greater feeling of joy, peace and happiness
- Be able to rise to challenges by motivating yourself and overcoming old fears and pains
- Become more focused and calmer with a strong sense of inner peace
- Feel more connected and compassionate
- Reduce unnecessary cravings and feel more satisfied with your life
What to expect
- Guided meditations based on the teaching of positive neuroplasticity
- Teaching based on the method by Rick Hanson, geared towards application in simple steps
- Practical exercises and sharing in small groups
- A beautiful location easy to reach in the Montgomery area
- Delicious teas at every session
- The teaching will be in English language
What you walk away with
- A renewed ability to connect to your own sources of deep joy and calm
- A feeling of being less stressed and more in line with your purpose in life
- The ability to tap into your own resources of wellbeing
- New tools to focus more on the bright side of life
- New ideas and inspiration on how to deepen your mindfulness or spiritual practice
- Some new friends who are interested in personal growth
What a participants of the previous Positive Neuroplasticity Course said:
Beate is an experienced mindfulness teacher and founder of Brussesl Mindfulness. She has been trained and certified as a MBSR-teacher by Arbor-Seminare, and has given manyworkshops, courses and retreats to an international audience over the past seven years. She has also been trained on positive neuropsychology and HEAL by Rick Hanson from 2015 to 2018 and is since then authorisied to teach his method. More information on HEAL and positive neuropsychology can be found at http://www.rickhanson.net/.
397,- € which includes the following:
- 8 weekly sessions of 2 hours
- A comprehensive manual with practical exercises
- A set of guided meditations
- Delicious teas at every session
Please check our terms and conditions.
We encourage you to register as soon as possible to secure your place and to enable us to decide in time whether there are enough participants to organise the course.
Please read below how to register for the 8-week positive neuroplasticity course on Wednesdays.
Your answers to the questions are important for the trainers to be able to admit you to the course.
The information you provide will be treated confidentially and will never be shared with third parties.
We will get in touch with you if we have any questions, so please provide the phone number on which we can most easily reach you.
Please check before registering if your employer is willing to cover the cost. In this case please send us an email so we can issue an invoice. Also please send us an email if you have diplomatic statute....
Important information: In order to start the mindfulness course it is important that you are in good physical and mental health. Especially if you are suffering from acute depression or burn-out, we recommend you to postpone the course until you feel better. If you have professional support from a doctor or psychotherapist, you may wish to consult them first and discuss your ability to participate in the course. The trainers of Brussels Mindfulness are happy to discuss this with you on the phone; however, we cannot take any responsibility for your decision to participate in the course or not.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you would have any questions.
For administrative and practical questions, please contact email@example.com.
If you want to discuss something directly with the trainer, here's how you can contact her:
Beate Trück - firstname.lastname@example.org - +32 476 89 29 41
Many thanks for your registration and we are looking forward to meeting you in the course.