Online 8-week course, Wednesday mornings from 09.30 to 11.30 CET
- Starting on Wednesday 22 September
- Course dates: 22, 29 September; 06, 13, 20, 27 October; 10, 17 November. No session on 3 November
Online 8-week Mindfulness Course: Finding peace in a frantic world
with mindfulness teacher Beate Trück
In these uncertain times it is even more important to take care of your own wellbeing. With all the negative news and the uncertainty of how things will evolve, it is easy to get caught up in a spiral of worrying and fear. At times, you might feel helpless or stressed and have difficulties to concentrate. But it does not need to be that way. You can learn tools and attitudes that can help you to stay in control of your life and emotions, independently of what life throws at you.
If we allow our mind to continuously focus on fear and worry, it will become an anxious mind. But if we cultivate peace, contentment and love, we train ourselves to be well and peaceful, even when the world is in distress.
Many of us find it difficult to create a balance between the demands present in our work and personal lives. We need tools to help us deal with the stress and uncertainty ever present in our rapid lifestyle. It is important to develop mental resources in order to cope with the challenges we face and to replenish our energy levels.
Imagine you wake up in the morning feeling confident that you can handle whatever the day will throw at you. Of course, you might still experience stress, feel annoyed or be anxious at times, but these feelings don’t determine your life anymore. You feel calmer, you’re more focused, and you are able to enjoy the good things more.
Does this sound too good to be true? Practicing mindfulness can bring such a shift towards greater mental and emotional wellbeing.
An 8-week mindfulness course is not a “quick fix”, nor is it a miracle cure for just about everything. It is a training programme, in which you will learn mental skills and develop new habits and attitudes to deal more skilfully with the challenges of life.
You will discover how you unwillingly contribute to your own stress and unhappiness. By putting in some practice, you can learn new and more helpful ways of dealing with difficult situations.
In 8 weeks you will learn how to:
- Respond more thoughtfully to stressful and challenging situations, rather than reacting automatically and getting more upset
- Deal more skilfully with difficult thoughts and emotions that might otherwise stress you out or drag you down
- Be more focused on what you are doing and find more calm and clarity in doing so
- Balance your time and energy in a better way so you can appreciate and enjoy life and work again
- Be kinder to yourself and deal skilfully with your ‘inner critic'
The 8-week programme
The aim of the programme is to acquire new ways of handle challenging feelings, thoughts, physical sensations, moods or social interactions. You will learn to integrate mindfulness skills in your daily life. A few examples of these are:
- Finding peace in the midst of the turbulences of your life by learning to use your breath as an anchor
- Increasing your bodily awareness: using your body as a sensitive radar instead of an amplifier of stress
- Understanding the stress mechanisms: how automatic thoughts, body sensations and feelings reinforce each other and lead to being stressed out and overwhelmed
- Finding new ways of dealing with difficult thoughts and feelings and learning to shift to a more relaxed mode
- Awareness of “early warning” stress symptoms
- Learning how to manage your energy and setting up an action plan for self-care
- Practising how to step out of vicious cycles of worrying and getting more in control of your mind and your life
- Becoming aware of your inner critic and how to disengage from it, ultimately adding a softer and more compassionate inner voice
- Cultivating inner qualities of compassion, gratitude and care for yourself and others
The mind is like a garden: if you leave it untended, it will grow all kinds of strange weeds. But if you take good care of it, you can pull the weeds and plant new seeds. This is the essence of “neuroplasticity”, meaning that we can rewire our brain by becoming more skilful in choosing where our attention rests upon. We can learn to change our brain for the better and activate areas linked to self-regulation, wellbeing, concentration, contentment and awareness, and lessen the impact of stress, fear and anxiety.
The majority of people completing the programme report lasting physical and psychological benefits, including:
- An increased ability to relax and to find inner calm
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Heightened self-confidence
- An increased ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations
- A greater sense of overall wellbeing
- An improved sleep quality
- A better immune system
Here you can read a testimonial by a participant in our course.
- 8 weekly group sessions of 2 hours
- Lots of practical exercises to build mindfulness into your daily schedule without needing to invest extra time
- Programme based on the scientifically validated Oxford mindfulness programme "Finding peace in a frantic world"
- Course led by an experienced and certified mindfulness teacher
- Small groups (max 16 participants) to guarantee interactivity
- 2 in-between emails per week to deepen your learning
- Lifetime access to over 200 guided meditations with our teachers
Please note that the participation in this course fulfils the requirements to participate in the teacher training foundations programme.
If you cannot make it to one session you can choose to
- Watch the recorded session in the following days (provided all the participants agree being recorded in speaker view)
- Follow this session in the next online course
- The course will be held in English
- The sessions will be held online via Zoom, an easy-to-use online meeting tool which allows interactivity. It will be just like a face-to-face class in which you can ask questions, share and interact
- Small groups (maximum 18 participants)
- You will receive one login for all sessions
- No special clothes or meditation cushions needed
Mindfulness teacher Beate Trück.
Beate Trück is an experienced mindfulness teacher and founder of Brussels Mindfulness. She has been trained and certified as a MBSR-teacher by Arbor-Seminare in Germany, and has given many workshops, courses and retreats to an international audience over the past years. She has also been trained on positive neuropsychology and HEAL by Rick Hanson from 2015 to 2018 and is since then authorised to teach his method.
€ 329 (incl. VAT) for the 8-week mindfulness course, including:
- Comprehensive manual with handouts, worksheets and audio downloads to support your practice
- The e-book "Finding peace in a frantic world" by Mark Williams, following the 8-week structure with lots of background information
- Two weekly emails with insights, reminders and practical tips on how to integrate mindfulness into your life
- Possibility to watch the recording or participate in a later course session in case you cannot make a session
- Lifetime access for over 200 guided meditations and access to the podcasts by our teachers
"The 8-week course was a real eye opener. I loved the coach as well as the group. Everything was done in an atmosphere of compassion and understanding. I feel like now I have this big toolbox that I can keep developing and digging into when I face stressful situations."
"I highly recommend Brussels Mindfulness! The teachers and approach were the right balance of providing a conceptual understanding, hands-on practice, personal and peer reflections and dialogue to understand and integrate what we learnt into who we are and what we do. The impact has been immediate and keeps on going - it is an investment that positively affects the foundations of self and holistic wellbeing!".
"I am now meditating every day! I found the course a good balance of theory, practical and sharing vs actually meditating."
"High quality teachers and extraordinary communication and pedagogical tools (handbook, to-the-point emails, languages, knowledge..). Extraordinary mindfulness course which should be a must for everyone .... impossible not to like it! Mindfulness attitudes so much needed in hectic times.... and delicious raisins (you will find out why)!"
Read more testimonials here and read a long reflection by one of our participants here.
We encourage you to register as soon as possible to secure your place.
If your employer is willing to cover the cost of your course, please send us an email instead of registering via the website, so we can issue an invoice. If you have a diplomatic statute, please email us as well so we can issue an invoice without VAT.
If you have financial difficulties, but feel that participating to this course would help you, please contact us. We will find a solution together.
Several Belgian health insurances provide partial refunds for mindfulness courses. Please get in touch with your health insurance to find out about the procedure. We will be happy to fill in your form at the end of the course.
Please check our terms & conditions about cancellations and refunds.
Please note: It is important that you are in good physical and mental health in order to start a mindfulness course. Especially if you are suffering from acute depression or burnout, we recommend postponing the course until you feel better. If you have professional support by a doctor or psychotherapist, you may wish to consult them first and discuss your ability to participate. The trainers of Brussels Mindfulness are happy to discuss this with you on the phone; however, we cannot take any responsibility for your decision to participate in the course or not.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions. For administrative and practical questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about our courses and events, have a look at our FAQ.
If you want to discuss something directly with the teacher, you can contact Beate Trück via email@example.com.
Many thanks for your registration. We look forward to meeting you in the course.
You will be asked to fill out your name and further contact details in the next page.
Once you click the registration button, you will be taken to a secure payment system (first e-act.nl and then mollie.com). Your data will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with third parties, except for the information necessary to process the payment.