8 Tuesday evenings from 19.30 to 21.30
- Starting on Tuesday 21 January 2020.
- Course dates: 21, 28 January, 4, 11, 18 February, 3, 10, 17 March 2020
Flexible 8-week Mindfulness Course
Imagine you wake up in the morning feeling confident that you can handle whatever the day will throw at you. Of course, you might still sometimes experience stress, feel annoyed or be anxious but these feelings don’t determine your life anymore. You feel calmer, you’re more focused, and you are able to enjoy the good things more.
Does it sound too good to be true? Practicing mindfulness can bring you such a shift towards greater wellbeing
An 8-week mindfulness course is not a “quick fix”, nor is it a miracle cure for just about everything. It is a training programme, in which you will learn mental skills and develop new habits and attitudes to deal more skilfully with the challenges of life.
You will discover how you unwillingly contribute to your own stress and unhappiness. If you put in some practice, you can learn new and more helpful ways of dealing with difficult situations.
In 8 weeks you will learn how to:
- Respond more thoughtfully to stressful and challenging situations, rather than reacting automatically and getting more upset.
- Deal more skilfully with difficult thoughts and emotions that might otherwise stress you out or drag you down.
- Be more focused on what you are doing and find more calm and clarity in doing so.
- Balance your time and energy in a better way so you can appreciate and enjoy life and work again.
- Be kinder to yourself and deal skilfully with your ‘inner critic’.
The 8-week programme
The aim of the programme is to acquire new ways to handle challenging feelings, thoughts, physical sensations, moods or social interactions. You will learn to integrate mindfulness skills in your daily life. A few examples of these are the following:
- Finding peace in the midst of the turbulences of your life by learning to use your breath as an anchor.
- Increasing your body awareness: using your body as a sensitive radar instead of an amplifier of stress.
- Understanding the stress mechanisms: how automatic thoughts, body sensations and feelings reinforce each other and lead to being stressed out and overwhelmed.
- Finding new ways of dealing with difficult thoughts and feelings and learning to shift to a more relaxing mode.
- Awareness of “early warning” stress symptoms
- Learning how to manage your energy and setting up an action plan for self-care.
- Practising how to step out of vicious cycles of worrying and getting more in control of your mind and your life.
- Becoming aware of your inner critic and how to disengage from it, ultimately adding a softer and more compassionate inner voice.
- Cultivating inner qualities of compassion, gratitude and care for yourself and others.
The mind is like a garden: if you leave it untended, it will grow all kinds of strange weeds. But if you take good care of it, you can pull the weeds and plant new seeds. This is the essence of “neuroplasticity”, which means that we can rewire our brain by becoming more skilful in choosing where our attention rests upon. We can learn to change our brain for the better and activate areas linked to self-regulation, wellbeing, concentration, contentment and awareness, and less the impact of stress, fear and anxiety.
The majority of people completing the programme report lasting physical and psychological benefits including:
- An increased ability to relax and to find inner calm.
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life.
- Heightened self-confidence.
- An increased ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations.
- A greater sense of overall wellbeing.
- A better immune system
- 8 weekly group sessions of 2 hours.
- Lots of practical exercises to build mindfulness into your daily schedule without needing to invest extra time.
- Programme based on the scientifically validated Oxford mindfulness programme
- Course led by an experienced and certified mindfulness teacher.
Flexibility: switching between parallel sessions per week
A parallel courses is offered simultaneously by Nele Costers, on Friday afternoons. Click here to find the dates of this course.
You register for Tuesday but whenever you can’t make it to a session you can switch to Friday to catch up the missed session. In this way, you will be able to participate in as many sessions as possible and still be able to manage your other responsibilities in a flexible way.
The groups will consist of minimum 8 to maximum 20 participants.
- Beautiful and convenient location, easy to reach with public transport.
- The course language is English.
- Small groups (maximum 20 people)
- No special clothes or meditation cushions needed.
- We will sit on chairs, but you are also free to use your own meditation material.
Teacher: Beate Trück
For the 8-week mindfulness course, including:
- Comprehensive manual with handouts, worksheets and audio downloads to support your practice.
- The book "Finding peace in a frantic world" by Mark Williams, following the 8-week structure with lots of background information.
- Two weekly emails with insights, reminders and practical tips on how to integrate mindfulness into your life.
- Delicious and relaxing teas at every session.
Early bird, until 22/12/2019: € 397 (incl. 21% VAT); Full price as from 23/12/2019: 430€ (incl 21% VAT)
If you would like to meet our teachers and get a flavour of our teaching you can meet us at one of the upcoming mindful happy hours.
Please check our terms & conditions about cancellations and refunds.
Several Belgian health insurances cover part of the mindfulness course. Please get in touch with your health insurance to find out about the procedure to get a refund. We will be happy to fill in your form at the end of the course.
Feedback from participants of previous courses:
"This course was everything I expected and so much more! Beate was such a good teacher, so kind and gentle with us and our progress.I really recommend this institute if you want to learn mindfulness. Your life wont be the same afterwards, promised! Thank you so much, beate, for everything you taught me!"
"I highly recommend Brussels Mindfulness. The teachers and approach were the right balance of providing a conceptual understanding, hands-on practice, personal and peer reflections and dialogue to understand and itegrate what we have learnt into what we do and who we are. The impact has been immediate and keeps on going- it is an investment that positively affects the foundation of self and holistic wellbeing."
"The 8-week programme was a real eye opener. I love the coach and the group, everything was done in an athmosphere of compassion and understanding. I feel like now I have this big toolbox that I can keep developping and digging into whenever I face difficult and stressful situations."
"High quality teaching and extraordinary communication and pedagogical tools (handbook, emails, languages, knowldege...). Extraordinary 8-week mindfulness course- a must for everyone. Impossible not to like! Mindfulness attitudes amidst hectic times...and delicous raisins (you will find out why!)."
Registration for the 8-week mindfulness course on Tuesdays
Please fill out the form below in order to register for the 8-week mindfulness course on Tuesday evenings.
Your answers to these questions are important for the trainer to be able to admit you to the course.
The information you provide will be treated confidentially and will never be shared with third parties.
Please check before registering if your employer is willing to cover the cost. In this case please send us an email so we can issue an invoice. Also please send us an email if you have diplomatic statute....
We will get in touch with you if we have any questions, so please provide the phone number on which we can most easily reach you.
Important information: In order to start the mindfulness course it is important that you are in good physical and mental health. Especially if you are suffering from acute depression or burn-out, we recommend you to postpone the course until you feel better. If you have professional support from a doctor or psychotherapist, you may wish to consult them first and discuss your ability to participate in the course. The trainers of Brussels Mindfulness are happy to discuss this with you on the phone; however, we cannot take any responsibility for your decision to participate in the course or not.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you would have any questions. For administrative and practical questions, please contact email@example.com.
If you want to discuss something directly with the teacher, here’s how you can contact us:
Beate Trück - firstname.lastname@example.org - +32 476 89 29 41
Many thanks for your registration and we are looking forward to meeting you in the course.