In-person 8-week course, Tuesdays from 19.15 to 21.15 CET
- Starting on January 23, 2024
- Course dates: 23, 30 January; 6, 13, 20 February, 5, 12, 19 March. No session on 27 February
8-week Mindfulness Course: Finding peace in a frantic world
with mindfulness teacher Alena Reisinger.
Sign up before 31 December and save 50€ (scroll down to register)
Getting back in control of your life
Many of us find it difficult to create a balance between the demands present in our work and personal lives. We need tools to help us deal with the stress and uncertainty ever present in our rapid lifestyle. It is important to develop mental resources in order to cope with the challenges we face and to replenish our energy levels.
Imagine you wake up in the morning feeling confident that you can handle whatever the day will throw at you. Of course, you might still experience stress, feel annoyed or be anxious at times, but these feelings don’t determine your life anymore. You feel calmer, you’re more focused, and you are able to enjoy the good things more.
Does this sound too good to be true? Practicing mindfulness can bring such a shift towards greater mental and emotional wellbeing.
An 8-week mindfulness course is not a “quick fix”, nor is it a miracle cure for just about everything. It is a training programme, in which you will learn mental skills and develop new habits and attitudes to deal more skilfully with the challenges of life.
You will discover how you unwillingly contribute to your own stress and unhappiness. By putting in some practice, you can learn new and more helpful ways of dealing with difficult situations.
What you will learn in 8 weeks
- Respond more thoughtfully to stressful and challenging situations, rather than reacting automatically and getting more upset
- Deal more skilfully with difficult thoughts and emotions that might otherwise stress you out or drag you down
- Be more focused on what you are doing and find more calm and clarity in doing so
- Balance your time and energy in a better way so you can appreciate and enjoy life and work again
- Be kinder to yourself and deal skilfully with your ‘inner critic'
The 8-week programme
The aim of the programme is to acquire new ways of handling challenging feelings, thoughts, physical sensations, moods or social interactions. You will learn to integrate mindfulness skills in your daily life. A few examples of these are:
- Finding peace in the midst of the turbulences of your life by learning to use your breath as an anchor
- Increasing your bodily awareness: using your body as a sensitive radar instead of an amplifier of stress
- Understanding the stress mechanisms: how automatic thoughts, body sensations and feelings reinforce each other and lead to being stressed out and overwhelmed
- Finding new ways of dealing with difficult thoughts and feelings and learning to shift to a more relaxed mode
- Awareness of “early warning” stress symptoms
- Learning how to manage your energy and setting up an action plan for self-care
- Practicing how to step out of vicious cycles of worrying and getting more in control of your mind and your life
- Becoming aware of your inner critic and how to disengage from it, ultimately adding a softer and more compassionate inner voice
- Cultivating inner qualities of compassion, gratitude and care for yourself and others
Lasting physical and psychological benefits
The majority of people completing the programme report the following benefits after following the programme:
- An increased ability to relax and to find inner calm
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Heightened self-confidence
- An increased ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations
- A greater sense of overall wellbeing
- An improved sleep quality
- A better immune system
Here you can read an in-depth testimonial by a course participant.
Features of the mindfulness course
- 8 weekly group sessions of 2 hours in our beautiful training centre
- Lots of practical exercises to build mindfulness into your daily schedule without needing to invest extra time
- Programme based on the scientifically validated Oxford mindfulness programme "Finding peace in a frantic world"
- Course led by an experienced and certified mindfulness teacher
- Groups smaller than 18 people to guarantee interactivity, peer exchange and a deeper connection with each other and the teacher
- In-between email each week to deepen your learning
- Lifetime access to over 260 guided meditations with our teachers
The course will take place at The Library Europe, a beautiful and spacious Maison de maître to Montgomery. It is beautifully decorated in Danish design and participants love its cosiness and warmth. Each session you will be spoiled with delicious teas.
- The course will be held in English
- Location in a beautiful Maison de maître in the heart of Brussels
- No special clothes or meditation cushions needed
- Limited groups to guarantee safety and interaction
- Handout and link to guided meditations for practising between the sessions
- If you cannot make one session you can come 20 min earlier the following session for a catch-up
Mindfulness teacher Alena Reisinger.
Alena is a certified mindfulness teacher and coach, and is passionate about personal development. Participants especially like her warmth, kindness and creativity.
Early bird rate €429 until 31 December, full rate €479 (incl. VAT) for the 8-week mindfulness course, including:
- Comprehensive manual with handouts, worksheets and audio downloads to support your practice
- Platform to access all your guided meditations in one place
- The e-book "Finding peace in a frantic world" by Mark Williams, following the 8-week structure with lots of background information
- Weekly emails with insights, reminders and practical tips on how to integrate mindfulness into your life
- Possibility for a catch up 20 min before the session should you miss a session
- Lifetime access for over 260 guided meditations and access to the podcasts by our teachers
- Delicious teas at every session
- Availability of the teacher for any mindfulness-related question throughout the course
- Small group for deep connection with each other and the teacher
"The 8-week course was a real eye opener. I loved the coach as well as the group. Everything was done in an atmosphere of compassion and understanding. I feel like now I have this big toolbox that I can keep developing and digging into when I face stressful situations."
"I highly recommend Brussels Mindfulness! The teachers and approach were the right balance of providing a conceptual understanding, hands-on practice, personal and peer reflections and dialogue to understand and integrate what we learnt into who we are and what we do. The impact has been immediate and keeps on going - it is an investment that positively affects the foundations of self and holistic wellbeing!".
"I am now meditating every day! I found the course a good balance of theory, practical and sharing vs actually meditating."
"High quality teachers and extraordinary communication and pedagogical tools (handbook, to-the-point emails, languages, knowledge..). Extraordinary mindfulness course which should be a must for everyone .... impossible not to like it! Mindfulness attitudes so much needed in hectic times.... and delicious raisins (you will find out why)!"
Read more testimonials here and read a long reflection by one of our participants here.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions. For administrative and practical questions, please contact email@example.com. For questions about our courses and events, have a look at our FAQ.
If you want to discuss something directly with the teacher, you can contact Alena Reisinger via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks for your registration. We look forward to meeting you in the course.
While meditation and well-being courses, workshops and other in-person events can be very nourishing; they can demand some stability of psychological health and can be triggering for some people.
Have you experienced significant trauma or psychiatric illness, or are your currently struggling with your mental health such as with anxiety, depression, or burnout? If so, it's important for you and the mindfulness trainer to discuss your specific situation as they might not be able to give you the kind of individual psychological care and support you need right now.
If you are currently under the care of a mental health professional, please discuss your attendance with them. You should be in a relatively stable period of mental well-being and have adequate psychological resilience.
Please fill in the questions in the registration form as open and honestly as possible to give us an idea of your current situation. The teacher of the event may reach out to you for more information.
We also ask that if you are feeling ill to consider not attending the class, for the health and safety of the trainer and others in the group. Listening to your body and taking rest can also be an important act of self-care.
If you are unsure, or have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us directly at email@example.com.
We encourage you to register as soon as possible to secure your place.
If your employer is willing to cover the cost of your course, please send us an email instead of registering via the website, so we can issue an invoice. If you have a diplomatic statute, please email us as well so we can issue an invoice without VAT.
If you have financial difficulties, but feel that participating to this course would help you, please contact us. We will find a solution together.
Several Belgian health insurances provide partial refunds for mindfulness courses. Please get in touch with your health insurance to find out about the procedure. We will be happy to fill in your form at the end of the course.
Please check our terms & conditions about cancellations and refunds.
Please note: It is important that you are in good physical and mental health in order to start a mindfulness course. Especially if you are suffering from acute depression or burnout, we recommend postponing the course until you feel better. If you have professional support by a doctor or psychotherapist, you may wish to consult them first and discuss your ability to participate. The trainers of Brussels Mindfulness are happy to discuss this with you on the phone; however, we cannot take any responsibility for your decision to participate in the course or not.
You will be asked to fill out your name and further contact details in the next page.
Once you click the registration button, you will be taken to a secure payment system (first e-act.nl and then mollie.com). Your data will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with third parties, except for the information necessary to process the payment.