In-person 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course
Thursdays from 19.00 to 21.15 CET
- Starting on 21 March 2024
- Course dates: 21/03, 28/03, 11/04, 18/04, 25/04, 16/05, 23/05, 30/05 (no sessions on 04/04, 2/05 or 09/05)
- Location: Co-working space "The Library", Brussels
with certified Mindfulness Teacher Lorinda Brinton
Register for our free info and orientation workshop on 7 March at 19.00 CET.
Overcoming stress and burnout
Do you find yourself sometimes wanting to respond to situations with choice rather than reacting automatically? Or perhaps you’d like to learn how to recognise the signs of stress in your body, or more skilfully deal with challenging patterns of emotions and thoughts?
If this sounds like something you can relate to, then this course might be for you!
This eight-week programme has been designed to help you learn how to pay attention to all of your experiences, both pleasant and unpleasant. In paying attention and noticing it’s possible to bring yourself out of auto-pilot and find nourishing ways to include a sense of mindfulness to your daily life.
Developing your capacity to cope
It is important to recognise when you are in overwhelm mode. And you can learn to develop mental resources to help you cope with the challenges you are facing and also restore your energy levels.
Mindfulness offers many tried and trusted tools that can help deal with stress and uncertainty. You can learn to cultivate attitudes that help you to deal with difficult emotions and find more balance independently of what life presents.
Increasing resilience and wellbeing
Imagine you wake up in the morning feeling confident that you can handle whatever the day brings. You might still experience stress, feel annoyed or be anxious at times, but these feelings don’t determine your life so much anymore. You feel calmer, more focused, and you are able to enjoy the good things more.
Practicing mindfulness can bring such a shift towards greater mental and emotional wellbeing.
“ Make sure you weave your parachute every day, rather than leave it to the time you have to jump out of the plane.”
How mindfulness can help
An 8-week mindfulness course is not a “quick fix”, nor is it a miracle cure for just about everything. It is a training programme, in which you will learn mental skills and develop new habits and attitudes to deal more skilfully with the challenges of life.
The aim of the programme is to acquire new ways to handle challenging feelings, thoughts, physical sensations, moods or social interactions.
What you learn in an 8-week MBSR programme
- Finding peace amid the turbulences of your life by learning to use your breath as an anchor
- Increasing your bodily awareness: using your body as a sensitive radar instead of an amplifier of stress
- Understanding the stress mechanisms: how automatic thoughts, body sensations and feelings reinforce each other and lead to being stressed out and overwhelmed
- Finding new ways of dealing with difficult thoughts and feelings and learning to shift to a more relaxed mode
- Awareness of your “early warning” stress symptoms
- Learning how to manage your energy better
- Cultivating inner qualities of compassion, gratitude, and care for yourself and others
What are some benefits of a mindfulness course?
The majority of people completing the programme report lasting physical and psychological benefits, including:
- An increased ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Heightened self-confidence
- New ways to find moments of inner calm
- A greater sense of overall wellbeing
- An improved sleep quality and a better immune system
Here you can read an in-depth testimonial by a course participant.
Features of a mindfulness programme
During this course you may well discover how you unwillingly contribute to your own stress and unhappiness. By putting in some practice, you can learn new and more helpful ways of dealing with difficult situations.
- 8 weekly sessions : 6 in-person and 2 online
- Course led by a certified mindfulness and yoga teacher
- Programme based on the scientifically validated Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction programme (MBSR)
- Group smaller than 18 people for more interaction with the teacher and each other
- Weekly emails to deepen your learning with insights and reminders
- Access to over 270 guided meditations and podcasts by our teachers
It is highly recommended that you complement the 8-week course by registering for a one-day mindfulness retreat. You can find the dates of our upcoming days of nourishment here.
Note: participation in this course fulfils the requirements to participate in our Mindfulness Teacher Training programme.
A unique blend
The course is offering a unique blend of in-person and online sessions. This allows for a mix of getting to know your group, but also having some scheduled online sessions in the convenience of your home or if away.
• Online-only sessions (live via Zoom, with recording available afterwards): Info and Orientation night on 7/03, Week 2 (28/03) and Week 7 (23/5)
• In-person-only sessions: Week 1 (21/03), Week 3 (11/04), Week 4 (18/04), Week 5 (25/04,) Week 6 (16/05), Week 8 30/05
• Free Info & Orientation session: Thurs 7/03 19.00 - 19.30 CET for the information part and 19.30 - 20.15 for the Orientation part. This session is not part of the course, but highly recommended. If you wish to attend and receive the link please register via this link.
The course will take place at The Library, a splendid "Maison de maître" close to metro Montgomery in Brussels. It is beautifully decorated in Danish "Hygge" design and has cozy rooms with lots of light. The sessions take place in the "Grand Room" on the ground floor.
A sneak-peek before one of our sessions
Mindfulness course practicalities
- The course will be held in English
- Best to wear comfortable clothing if possible
- You will need to bring a yoga mat or a towel for lying down practices
- We will meditate on chairs, but if you prefer you can bring your own meditation cushion
- You will receive an email after to each session with a reminder of the homework and what to bring next time
- A daily time investment of approximately 30 min would be ideal (to develop your own practice)
Meet the Teacher
Mindfulness teacher Lorinda Brinton
Lorinda is a certified mindfulness and yoga teacher with a passion for helping others find simple and personally meaningful ways to experience well-being. Her friendly style weaves her own experience with standard mindfulness practices such as learning to work with the breath and practicing self-awareness.
Rate for mindfulness course
€479 (incl. VAT), € 395,87 (excl. VAT).
The fee includes the following:
- 8 x 2.15 hours sessions (including a break)
- Comprehensive manual with handouts, worksheets and audio downloads to support your practice
- Delicious teas at every session
- Weekly emails with insights, reminders and practical tips on how to integrate mindfulness into your life
- Availability of the teacher for any mindfulness-related question throughout the course
- Access to specific guided meditations related to the course and more than 275 guided meditations on our podcast
Most Belgian health insurances offer partial reimbursement for this course. If you wish to take advantage of this opportunity, please forward the relevant form to us so that we can complete it towards the conclusion of the course.
Corporate Coverage Assistance
Please do not hesitate to contact us if your employer is assuming responsibility for these expenses, providing us with the precise invoice details. In such circumstances, the applicable fee will be 479€, exclusive of VAT.
Kindly inform us of any diplomatic status you may hold, so we can exempt the transaction from VAT.
"The 8-week course was a real eye opener. I loved the coach as well as the group. Everything was done in an atmosphere of compassion and understanding. I feel like now I have this big toolbox that I can keep developing and digging into when I face stressful situations."
"I highly recommend Brussels Mindfulness! The teachers and approach were the right balance of providing a conceptual understanding, hands-on practice, personal and peer reflections and dialogue to understand and integrate what we learnt into who we are and what we do. The impact has been immediate and keeps on going - it is an investment that positively affects the foundations of self and holistic wellbeing!".
"I am now meditating every day! I found the course a good balance of theory, practical and sharing vs actually meditating."
"High quality teachers and extraordinary communication and pedagogical tools (handbook, to-the-point emails, languages, knowledge..). Extraordinary mindfulness course which should be a must for everyone .... impossible not to like it! Mindfulness attitudes so much needed in hectic times.... and delicious raisins (you will find out why)!"
Read more testimonials here and read a long reflection by one of our participants here.
While meditation and well-being courses, workshops and other in-person events can be very nourishing; they can demand some stability of psychological health and can be triggering for some people.
Have you experienced significant trauma or psychiatric illness, or are your currently struggling with your mental health such as with anxiety, depression, or burnout? If so, it's important for you and the mindfulness trainer to discuss your specific situation as they might not be able to give you the kind of individual psychological care and support you need right now.
If you are currently under the care of a mental health professional, please discuss your attendance with them. You should be in a relatively stable period of mental well-being and have adequate psychological resilience.
Please fill in the questions in the registration form as open and honestly as possible to give us an idea of your current situation. The teacher of the event may reach out to you for more information.
We also ask that if you are feeling ill to consider not attending the class, for the health and safety of the trainer and others in the group. Listening to your body and taking rest can also be an important act of self-care.
If you are unsure, or have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us directly at email@example.com.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions. For administrative and practical questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about our courses and events, have a look at our FAQ.
If you want to discuss something directly with the teacher, you can contact Lorinda Brinton at email@example.com
Many thanks for your registration. We look forward to meeting you in the session.
We encourage you to register as soon as possible to secure your place.
If your employer is willing to cover the cost of your course or If you have a diplomatic status, please send us an email so we can issue an invoice.
If you have financial difficulties, but feel that participating to this course would help you, please contact us. We will find a solution together.
Several Belgian health insurances provide partial refunds for mindfulness courses. Please get in touch with your health insurance to find out about the procedure. We will be happy to fill in your form at the end of the course.
Please check our terms & conditions about cancellations and refunds. According to our terms no refund will be issued as of 30 days prior to the start of the course.
Please note: It is important that you are in good physical and mental health in order to start a mindfulness course. Especially if you are suffering from acute depression or burnout or are anticipating major surgery, we recommend postponing the course until you feel better. If you have professional support by a doctor or psychotherapist, you may wish to consult them first and discuss your ability to participate. The trainers of Brussels Mindfulness are happy to discuss this with you on the phone; however, we cannot take any responsibility for your decision to participate in the course or not, nor can we issue a refund after 30 days of registering.