In person 8-week course, Thursdays from 19.00 to 21.30 CET
- Starting on September 29, 2022
- Course dates: 29 September; 6, 13, 20, 27 October; 10, 17, 24 November (no session on 3 November)
- 30% discount towards joining the December 4th Day of Nourishment
8-week Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course
with mindfulness teacher Lyuba Byessonova.
- Do you feel overwhelmed or stressed out?
- Are you facing concentration or sleeping problems?
- Do you feel easily irritated?
- Are you constantly tired or have a lack of energy?
Imagine you wake up in the morning feeling confident that you can handle whatever the day will throw at you. Of course, you might still experience stress, feel annoyed or be anxious at times, but these feelings don’t determine your life anymore. You feel calmer, you’re more focused, and you are able to enjoy the good things more.
Does this sound too good to be true? Practising mindfulness can bring such a shift towards greater mental and emotional wellbeing.
An 8-week mindfulness course is not a “quick fix”, nor is it a miracle cure for just about everything. It is a training programme, in which you will learn mental skills and develop new habits and attitudes to deal more skilfully with the challenges of life.
You will discover how you unknowingly contribute to your own stress and unhappiness. By putting in some practice, you can learn new and more helpful ways of dealing with difficult situations.
In 8 weeks you will learn how to:
- Approach your life with more composure, energy, understanding and enthusiasm
- Develop the ability to cope more effectively with both short-term and long-term stressful situations, gaining insight into response rather than reaction
- Enhance your ability to manage and reduce pain levels
- Improve your focus, resilience, and capacity to recover more quickly from challenging events
- Learn how to access and cultivate a natural capacity to actively engage in caring for yourself and find greater balance, ease, and peace of mind
The 8-week programme
The aim of the programme is to acquire new ways of handling stress. You will learn to integrate mindfulness skills in your daily life. A few examples of these are:
- Finding peace in the midst of the turbulences of your life by learning to use your breath as an anchor
- Increasing your bodily awareness: using your body as a sensitive radar instead of an amplifier of stress
- Understanding the stress mechanisms: how automatic thoughts, body sensations and feelings reinforce each other and lead to being stressed out and overwhelmed
- Finding new ways of dealing with difficult thoughts and feelings and learning to shift to a more relaxed mode
- Awareness of your “early warning” stress symptoms
- Learning how to better manage your energy
- Cultivating inner qualities of compassion, gratitude and care for yourself and others
The majority of people completing the programme report lasting physical and psychological benefits, including:
- An increased ability to relax and to find inner calm
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Heightened self-confidence
- An increased ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations
- A greater sense of overall well being
- An improved sleep quality
- A better immune system
Here you can read an in-depth testimonial by a course participant.
- 8 weekly, in person group sessions of 2.5 hours (including a break), in English
- It is recommended to also follow a one full-day class of mindfulness. Therefore participants can register for the Day of Nourishment on December 4th with a 30% discount. The day will offer a mix of guided practices as well as informal mindful moments (such as mindful walking and eating) that you can practice off the screen. The intensive nature of this full day is intended to assist you in firmly and effectively establishing the use of mindfulness skills across multiple situations in your life, while simultaneously preparing you to utilize these methods far beyond the conclusion of the program.
- Programme based on the scientifically validated mindfulness-based stress reduction programme (MBSR)
- Course led by a certified mindfulness and yoga teacher
- Weekly emails to deepen your learning with insights and reminders
- Lifetime access to over 250 guided meditations with our teachers
- Small group for a deep interaction with the teacher and each other
- Availability of the teacher in between sessions for any mindfulness-related question
Please note that the participation in this course fulfils the requirements to participate in the teacher training foundations programme.
It is very important to attend the sessions live. If you cannot make it to one session, you can choose to follow this session in the next in-person or online course.
- The course will be held in English
- The sessions will be organised in our training centre MM81
- Location in a beautiful maison de maitre in the heart of Brussels
- Small group to guarantee safety and interaction
- No special clothes or meditation cushions needed
- A daily time investment of approximately 30 min would be ideal.
Mindfulness and yoga teacher Lyuba Byessonova.
Lyuba is a certified mindfulness and yoga teacher. She is trained in MBSR by Brussels Mindfulness after a 2 year intensive teacher training comprising some 350 hours of teaching. She also followed more than 300 hours of yoga teacher training and specialises in hatha yoga and yoga Nidra. She is particularly fascinated by stress and resilience, sleep management, breathwork, and managing energy with yoga and meditation. Lyuba teaches workshops and classes to individuals and companies.
€449 (incl. VAT) for the 8-week MBSR course, including:
- 8x 2.5 hours sessions
- Comprehensive manual with handouts, worksheets and audio downloads to support your practice
- Weekly emails with insights, reminders and practical tips on how to integrate mindfulness into your life
- Small group for a deeper connection with each other and the teacher
- Availability of the teacher for any mindfulness-related question throughout the course
- Possibility to join online should you fall ill or be in quarantine (or follow the session in the next course)
- Delicious teas at every session
- Lifetime access for over 250 guided meditations and access to the podcasts by our teachers
- 30% discount to join the Day of Nourishment on December 4th (recommended).
Lyuba's mindfulness course was a real eye opener for me, especially the classes related to the patterns of reactivity to stress and nourishing vs depleting activities. They really taught me how to listen to my body and helped me to re-discover what my body needs when stress or other negative emotions arise.
Past MBSR Course Participant
"The 8-week course was a real eye opener. I loved the coach as well as the group. Everything was done in an atmosphere of compassion and understanding. I feel like now I have this big toolbox that I can keep developing and digging into when I face stressful situations."
"I highly recommend Brussels Mindfulness! The teachers and approach were the right balance of providing a conceptual understanding, hands-on practice, personal and peer reflections and dialogue to understand and integrate what we learnt into who we are and what we do. The impact has been immediate and keeps on going - it is an investment that positively affects the foundations of self and holistic wellbeing!".
"I am now meditating every day! I found the course a good balance of theory, practical and sharing vs actually meditating."
"High quality teachers and extraordinary communication and pedagogical tools (handbook, to-the-point emails, languages, knowledge..). Extraordinary mindfulness course which should be a must for everyone .... impossible not to like it! Mindfulness attitudes so much needed in hectic times.... and delicious raisins (you will find out why)!"
Read more testimonials here and read a long reflection by one of our participants here.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions. For administrative and practical questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about our courses and events, have a look at our FAQ.
Many thanks for your registration. We look forward to meeting you in the course.
We encourage you to register as soon as possible to secure your place.
If your employer is willing to cover the cost of your course, please send us an email instead of registering via the website, so we can issue an invoice. If you have a diplomatic statute, please email us as well so we can issue an invoice without VAT.
If you have financial difficulties, but feel that participating to this course would help you, please contact us. We will find a solution together.
Several Belgian health insurances provide partial refunds for mindfulness courses. Please get in touch with your health insurance to find out about the procedure. We will be happy to fill in your form at the end of the course.
Please check our terms & conditions about cancellations and refunds.
Please note: It is important that you are in good physical and mental health in order to start a mindfulness course. Especially if you are suffering from acute depression or burnout, we recommend postponing the course until you feel better. If you have professional support by a doctor or psychotherapist, you may wish to consult them first and discuss your ability to participate. The trainers of Brussels Mindfulness are happy to discuss this with you on the phone; however, we cannot take any responsibility for your decision to participate in the course or not.
You will be asked to fill out your name and further contact details in the next page.
Once you click the registration button, you will be taken to a secure payment system (first e-act.nl and then mollie.com). Your data will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with third parties, except for the information necessary to process the payment.