8 Saturday mornings, from 10.00-12.00.
- Starting on Saturday 5 October 2019.
- Session dates: 5, 12, 19, 26 October, 9, 16, 30 November, 7 December 2019.
Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living
For people who have already done an 8-week mindfulness course.
Being kinder to yourself, feeling more connected to others, having less fear of not being good enough, … Who wouldn’t want that?
It’s not often easy to achieve, even after having done an 8-week mindfulness course. In this follow-up course, you will take a deeper dive into mindfulness and compassion and how they can help you to find more happiness, connection and enjoyment.
The Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) programme presents a new way of facing the pressures of modern living by providing an antidote which teaches us how to cultivate kindness and compassion – starting with being kind to yourself.
In 8 weeks you will learn:
- How to deepen mindfulness with “heartfulness”: kindness and compassion towards others and towards yourself.
- How your brain and organism have evolved to help you survive and how this affects your happiness.
- How your emotion regulation systems work and how you can deal with them to find more safety, contentment and social connection.
- How to deal with difficult and persistent emotions such as shame or guilt, and with your “inner bully”.
This course is meant specifically for you if you have experienced benefit from mindfulness practice, but you find it difficult to develop a kind and friendly attitude in it and integrate it into your daily life.
The 8-week programme:
- 8 weekly group sessions of 2 hours.
- Comprehensive manual with handouts and worksheets, and audio downloads to support your practice.
- Lots of practical exercises to build mindfulness and heartfulness into your daily schedule.
- Programme based on the scientifically validated Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) programme.
- Course led by experienced and certified mindfulness trainer.
- Beautiful and convenient location, easy to reach with public transport.
This course is given in English.
The groups will consist of minimum 8 to maximum 20 participants.
With Steve Savels.
A participant writes...
After a previous course, a participant wrote this email:
- I've discovered a form of joy and peace of mind which was simply unkown to me.
- I take the time to notice, appreciate and savour the small moments instead of letting them fly by me as nothing more than another form of background noise.
- I take notice of people around me, their moods and their feelings with an interest and attentiveness which was completely alien to my highly introverted nature.
- I notice my switches in moods and my moments of frustration much faster and am able to push back and calm down faster.
- I notice when my mind slips in meetings and can bring myself back to the present.
- I'm generally calmer, less frustrated and better intentionned to those around me than I ever was before.
- I find myself being uncharacteristically charitable.
- I smile in the still and personal moments and I know I'm smiling because my muscles which were so used to frowning ache from the effort.
For the 8-week mindfulness course, including:
- Book, syllabus and audio downloads
- Small groups (maximum 20 people) in a beautiful location
- During the 8 weeks, follow-up per email with more information and useful tips on how to integrate mindfulness into your life
We encourage you to register as soon as possible to secure your place and to enable us to decide in time whether there are enough participants to organise the course.
Please check our terms & conditions about cancellations and refunds.
We believe that money should not be an obstacle for your health and wellbeing. If you are experiencing financial difficulties and the rates are too high for you, please get in touch with us before the registration so that we can find an appropriate solution together.
Several Belgian health insurances cover part of the mindfulness course. Please get in touch with your health insurance to find out about the procedure to get a refund.
Registration for the 8-week follow-up mindfulness & heartfulness course
Please fill out the form below in order to register for this course.
Your answers to these questions are important for the trainers to be able to admit you to the course.
The information you provide will be treated confidentially and will never be shared with third parties.
We will get in touch with you if we have any questions, so please provide the phone number on which we can most easily reach you.
Please check before registering if your employer is willing to cover the cost. In this case please send us an email so we can issue an invoice. Also please send us an email if you have diplomatic statute....
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you would have any questions. For administrative and practical questions, please contact email@example.com.
If you want to discuss something directly with the trainer, here’s how you can contact us:
- Steve Savels – firstname.lastname@example.org – +32 473 93 29 14
Many thanks for your registration and we are looking forward to meeting you in the course.