In Person 6-week course, Tuesdays from 19.00 - 21.30 CET
- Starting on 24 January, 2023
- Course dates: 24, 31 January; 7, 14, 28 February, 7 March (no session 21 February)
Taking in the Good: Developing Inner Resources Through Positive Neuroplasticity
with Beate Trück, certified positive neuroplasticity trainer by Dr. Rick Hanson
Many people think that their happiness and well being depends on external factors such as money, professional success, love or even the weather. But what if you could learn to be happy, independently of what life throws at you? Would it not be wonderful to know how to restore your happiness when something unwanted happens and to enjoy the good things more fully?
The brain is continually remodelling itself as we learn from our experiences. When we repeatedly stimulate a circuit in our brain, we strengthen it. Because our brain is like Velcro for the bad and Teflon for the good, frustration, worry and stress are quickly wired into your nervous system. To beat this negativity bias, we will teach you a powerful method - using the science of positive neuroplasticity - for truly resilient wellbeing.
True happiness comes from within
Neuroscientist, psychologist, meditation teacher and best-selling author Dr. Rick Hanson has developed a powerful method to transform ordinary day-to-day experiences into inner strengths, such as resilience, self-confidence, compassion, joy and a feeling of being loved. The mindful internalisation of such psychological resources can help us deal with feelings of anxiety, depression, anger, addiction, loss and shame, and support our wellbeing, emotional healing and resilience.
The mind is like a garden which needs to be maintained and cultivated, because if it is left to itself it will develop some unhelpful thinking patterns. We need to regularly pull out weeds and plant new flowers.
A recent study published by the Journal of Positive Psychology on Learning to Learn from Positive Experiences showed that deliberately internalizing beneficial experiences can lower anxiety and depressed mood, and increase gratitude, self-compassion, and happiness in general.
This course is for everyone who is interested in personal growth or who wants to develop resilience and decrease negative thinking. It builds on elements of mindfulness and takes it further by teaching methods that can help to change your brain for the better. While it is recommended as a follow-up training to the 8-week mindfulness course, it is not required to have followed a mindfulness course. It is recommended that you have already some basic experience with meditation or yoga. You can read more on the difference between the 8-week mindfulness course and the PNT programme here.
With this training you will learn to
- Release fear and develop an increased sense of safety and protection
- Develop an increased self-confidence and feeling of agency
- Experience a greater sense of resilience and the ability to bounce back more quickly in difficult times
- Have a greater feeling of joy, peace and happiness
- Be able to rise to challenges by motivating yourself and overcoming old fears and pains
- Become more focused and calmer with a strong sense of inner peace
- Feel more connected and compassionate
- Reduce unnecessary cravings and feel more satisfied with your life
- Discover 15 ways to feel good
What to expect
- Soothing and uplifting guided meditations based on the teaching of positive neuroplasticity
- Teachings based on the method by Dr. Rick Hanson, geared towards application in simple steps
- Practical exercises and sharing
- A small, exclusive group for deeper learning and connection with each other and the teacher
- The teaching will be in English
- The sessions will be held in person in a beautiful location in Brussels, easy to reach via metro (stop Merode or Montgomery)
What you walk away with
- A renewed ability to connect to your own sources of deep joy and calm
- A feeling of being less stressed and more in line with your purpose in life
- The ability to tap into your own resources of wellbeing
- New tools to focus more on the bright side of life
- New ideas and inspiration on how to deepen your mindfulness or spiritual practice
- A renewed or deepened meditation habit
- New like-minded friends
Beate is an experienced mindfulness teacher, teacher trainer and founder of Brussels Mindfulness. She has been trained and certified as a MBSR-teacher by Arbor-Seminare in Germany, and has given many workshops, courses and retreats to an international audience over the past years. She has also been trained on positive neuropsychology and HEAL by Rick Hanson from 2015 to 2018 and is since then authorised to teach his method. More information on HEAL and positive neuropsychology can be found here.
Early bird discount until 10 January 2023! €399
€449 (including VAT) including:
- 6 weekly sessions of 2.5 hours (total of 15 hours)
- A comprehensive manual with practical exercises
- Lifetime access to 30 guided positive neuroplasticity meditations and 250+ guided meditations by our teachers
- Email reminders between the sessions and PowerPoint slides
- If you miss a session, you can follow the session in the next course (the following year)
- A small, exclusive group for deeper learning and connection with each other and the teacher
6-Week Course Cirriculum
Class 1: The Essence of Positive Neuroplasticity
Class 2: Having, Enriching, and Absorbing Beneficial Experiences
Class 3: Linking Positive and Negative Material
Class 4: Growing Strengths for Feeling Safer
Class 5: Growing Strengths for Feeling More Satisfied
Class 6: Growing Strengths for Feeling More Connected
"This course has given me the language and very useful basic tools to help me have a more positive attitude towards life. I can now better understand my basic needs in order to be happy and how I can take care of them."
"After many years of searching, high & low and across several different places, courses & approaches, I can say with full confidence that the Positive Neuroplasticity course with the Brussels Mindfulness Institute IS IT. The best course & practice I have come across, in the broad field of mindfulness."
"I’m so happy and fulfilled (with work ongoing / more progress to be made still, of course!) to have found & attended it. The practice has brought a measurable change for the better in my life, I very much feel, and has helped me enormously in dealing with anxiety, stress and (post-) burnout."
"Specifically and on top of the daily practice, I loved the scientific foundations of the course, and the rational(ist) approach at its core. Very solid stuff, with leads & links to additional reading which I have found both fascinating and practically applicable in my psychological & emotive pursuits. I would recommend it very highly indeed!”
"Without your coaching I wouldn't have the tools to explore and treat my problems. The antidotes you laid out in the pillar connection, examples like rehearsing, using I instead of you to start a conversation has helped enormously. I feel by doing just that, there is a U-turn in my life. Thanks to you and also thanks to me! "
Read more testimonials here.
In order to ensure the health of all our participants, we will implement Covid measures according to the official regulations following the corona barometer at the time of the event. These measures will be communicated to registered participants prior to the start of the event.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions. For administrative and practical questions, please contact email@example.com. For questions about our courses and events, have a look at our FAQ.
If you want to discuss something directly with the teacher, you can contact Beate Trück via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks for your registration. We look forward to meeting you in the course.
We encourage you to register as soon as possible to secure your place.
If your employer is willing to cover the cost of your course, please send us an email instead of registering via the website, so we can issue an invoice. If you have a diplomatic statute, please email us as well so we can issue an invoice without VAT.
If you have financial difficulties, but feel that participating to this course would help you, please contact us. We will find a solution together.
Several Belgian health insurances provide partial refunds for mindfulness courses. Please get in touch with your health insurance to find out about the procedure. We will be happy to fill in your form at the end of the course.
Please check our terms & conditions about cancellations and refunds.
Please note: In order to start this course, it is important that you are in good physical and mental health. Especially if you are suffering from acute depression or burnout, we recommend postponing the course until you feel better. If you have professional support by a doctor or psychotherapist, you may wish to consult them first and discuss your ability to participate. The trainers of Brussels Mindfulness are happy to discuss this with you on the phone; however, we cannot take any responsibility for your decision to participate in the course or not.
You will be asked to fill out your name and further contact details in the next page.
Once you click the registration button, you will be taken to a secure payment system (first e-act.nl and then mollie.com). Your data will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with third parties, except for the information necessary to process the payment.