4-week course, Wednesday evenings from 19.30 to 21.00 CET
- Starting on Wednesday 5 May
- Course dates: 5, 12, 19, 26 May
Good night sleep course: developing healthy sleeping habits
with Lyuba Byessonova.
Do you often find yourself tossing and turning in bed for more than half an hour before you finally fall asleep (if at all)?
Do you wake up during the night, unable to fall asleep again?
Or maybe you wake up feeling tired, even after 8 hours of sleep?
The 'Good Night Sleep Course' is designed to help you tackle these issues. After following this course, you will sleep better, and you will:
- Understand your sleep pattern and yourself better
- Know which proven relaxation techniques from yoga, breathing and meditation work best for you
- Develop a personal evening routine and rituals that fit your unique situation
Join our free 5-day good night sleep journey starting on 19 April as a free taster.
What to expect from the course
This course consists of 4 live online sessions where you will learn the theory about sleep and proven relaxation practices. There is also an important part of daily home practice between the sessions.
Theory and knowledge
In each of the live online sessions, we will focus on an important aspect contributing to improving your sleep. Here is what you can expect from each session:
- Session 1 – Stress and how it impacts your sleep
- Session 2 – The impact of what you eat and drink on your sleep quality
- Session 3 – Organising your sleep environment
- Session 4 – Building your sleeping routine and takeaways from the course
During the live sessions, you will also experience specific yoga, breathing and meditation relaxation practices. These practices are carefully selected and focus on helping you sleep better.
We will also focus on changing your sleeping habits and behaviour. In each session, we will discuss one or two crucial, healthy habits that help your sleep and how to implement them in your daily life.
If you truly want to benefit from this course, you need to implement what you learned in the live sessions in your daily life. You can only improve your sleep by adapting your behaviour and changing your habits.
Each day, you will receive an e-mail with a video or audio practice that you can easily do at home (a short breathing practice, yoga moves or meditation).
Therefore it is essential to dedicate between 10 to 15 minutes in the first week and up to 30-40 minutes in the last week to this home practice.
Your sleeping diary
During the course, we will provide you with a workbook to keep a sleeping diary. This diary will help you observe your experience and track all the changes and progress in your sleep quality.
How is this course different?
This course is different from other sleep courses. Its main focus lies on daily practice and action because you can't develop a habit without applying it in your life.
Of course, you will learn enough theory to understand your sleep – and yourself – better. However, you don't need to be an expert to improve your sleep.
Instead, you need proven practices to help you fall asleep naturally and an easy sleeping routine that you can sustain.
- The course will be held in English
- The sessions will be organised via Zoom, an easy-to-use online meeting tool which allows interactivity. It will be just like a face-to-face class in which you can ask questions, share and interact.
- Should you miss a session, you can watch the recording in the following days (provided all the participants agree being recorded in speaker view)
- Small groups (maximum 16 people, minimum 8 to start the course)
- You will receive one login for all sessions and a login to a specific content webpage
- For some of the sessions, you will need a (yoga) mat or a thick blanket, and a few pillows. We will inform you about this in advance.
With certified yoga teacher Lyuba Byessonova.
Lyuba is passionate about yoga, meditation and mindfulness. Having suffered a burnout years ago with some sleeping issues she has specialised in applying mindfulness and yoga techniques to sleep and helping others to develop healthy sleeping habits. Participants like her compassionate and enthusiastic approach.
€ 199 (incl VAT) for the course, including:
- 4 live online sessions of 1,5 hour each
- Daily practices to do at home: video and audio recordings of yoga, breathwork and meditation practices
- Daily e-mails to motivate you throughout the course
- Digital workbook with a sleeping diary and reflection of your experience
What participants of previous courses said
The course's value for me was to observe my behaviour and how it influenced my sleep. I was noticing what I watched, ate, how much caffeine I consumed. It was fascinating as I have never done it before. I loved all the practical tips and various yoga and breathing practices; I often get back to them. I still use what I learned, for example, cutting down on the caffeine in the afternoon and the 20-20-20 rule ('slow down hour') in the evening.
I joined the course because I often woke up at night, and as a consequence, felt very tired in the morning. Now, this almost doesn't happen anymore, and if it does, I know what to do to fall asleep quickly. Thanks to the course, I learned the importance of having a good evening routine. Now I have the routine that helps me to transition to night rest. I also made some changes in my sleeping environment; I pay more attention to lights and sounds that help me sleep. The knowledge from the course allows me to revise my sleeping habits and evening routine regularly.
This course is not specifically designed for people with an official medical diagnosis of any sleep disorder (e.g. insomnia) or for anyone who regularly uses prescribed medication (e.g. sleeping pills, antidepressants). The course will be helpful; however, we can't guarantee it will cure your sleep disorder.
This course is not a substitute for any medical treatment plan, so please continue following your doctor's advice.
Please fill out the form below in order to register. Your answers are important for the trainer to understand your motivation to participate.
Please check our terms & conditions about cancellations and refunds.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions. For all administrative and practical questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about our courses and events, have a look at our FAQ.
Many thanks for your registration. We look forward to meeting you soon.
You will be asked to fill out your name and further contact details in the next page.
Once you click the registration button, you will be taken to a secure payment system (first e-act.nl and then mollie.com). Your data will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with third parties, except for the information necessary to process the payment.