Wednesday 14 July 2021 until Sunday 18 July 2021. Start on Wednesday at 10.00.
At the beautiful "Maison du Chemin des Roches" in Dongelberg.
Calming the mind, opening the heart
This silent retreat is an integral part of the Teacher Training, but it is also open for other advanced meditators.
Led by Jake Dartington (mindfulness and dharma teacher) and Beate Trück (mindulness teacher)
In this retreat we will take a deep dive into mindfulness and practice how to quieten the mind and open our heart. Each day will offer a sustained schedule of formal meditation practice, meetings with the teachers, talks and instructions, all within an underlying environment of silence. It takes place at the beautiful "Maison du Chemin des Roches" in Wallonia.
What does a retreat look like?
Being away from day-to-day demands and all the external chatter means time to reflect, to reconnect with your true self and with nature. When the part of you that wants to be in control and that is afraid of change, is dominant, you are cut off from your deeper wisdom and intuition. But if you rest and create space to tap into your creative energy, you can get in touch with what truly matters and what kind of life you would really like to lead. People have reported that long after the retreat they could still feel the benefits of it, and that this nourishing feeling goes on for quite a while.
The retreat will be held in English. It will be silent, apart from some group meetings with the teachers.
You will be enjoying
- The alternation of formal practices such as sitting and walking meditation and yoga.
- Practices for deep relaxation.
- Delicious and nourishing vegetatarian food.
- Free time to enjoy walks or simply relaxing in the beautiful surroundings.
- A group of like-minded people with whom you can share experiences and grow together.
- Silence to encourage reflection and healing.
- Possibility for individual talks with the teachers.
- Daily Dharma talk by Jake Dartingtonto deepen the learning.
- Opportunities to share your experiences
- Exclusive use of the entire location.
Some benefits of a mindfulness retreat
- Tapping into your inner resources contributes to feeling more rested, relaxed and calm.
- Learning how to gain greater physical and psychological wellbeing.
- Powerful new insights to take back into your daily life.
- A new sense of inner freedom and the ability to see more clearly what really matters to you.
- Self-compassion and being on your own side.
- Getting clarity on how to stop some unhelpful habits in your life and how to replace them by more useful ones.
- The ability to respond more skilfully to life's challenges when they arise.
- Finding a way to peace and wholeness in this busy, stressful world we live in.
The retreat will take place in beautiful "Maison du Chemin des Roches" in Dongelberg, some 30 minutes from Brussels.
The location is a haven of peace and calm. The cook will provide us with delicious meals and tea will be available throughout the retreat.
The accommodation is in simple, but comfortable double rooms with shared bathrooms. There are also some single rooms available upon extra charge.
Around the location there are many beautiful walks through the fields and woods.
Car pooling will be organised before the retreat (please note that we can only accept car pooling requests until one week before the start of the retreat).
The retreat will start on Wednesday 14 July at 10.00, and end on Sunday 18 July at 15.00.
Sample programme for a full day
07.30 – 09.00 Mindful movement; meditation
09.00 – 10.30 Breakfast
10.30 – 11.15 Meditation instructions and sitting meditation
11.15 – 12.00 Walking meditation
12.00 – 12.30 Sitting meditation
12.30 – 14.30 Lunch
14.30 – 15.15 Sitting meditation
15.15 – 16.00 Walking meditation or group interviews
16.00 – 16.45 Sitting meditation
16.45 – 17.30 Walking meditation or group interviews
17.30 – 18.00 Sitting meditation
18.00 – 19.30 Dinner
19.30 – 20:15 Evening talk from teachers
20-15 – 20.45 Walking meditation
20.45 – 21.00 Sitting meditation
21.00 Rest or further practice
This is an indicative programme, the actual timings might change (except starting and end times). The final programme will be displayed at the location.
Jake Dartington is a teacher of Insight Meditation and Mindfulness-based Approaches. He began his meditation practice in 1995 and has taught at Gaia House retreat centre since 2007, following a three-year teacher training with Christina Feldman. He has taught many retreats across Europe and works as a mentor on the mindfulness teacher training led by Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach. Jake is the lead teacher of the 2-year teacher training for Brussels Mndfulness.
In this talk on the 5 hindrances in meditation you can have a first impression of Jake and on the topics of the retreat.
Beate Trück is founder of Brussels Mindfulness and an experienced mindfulness teacher. She is certified by Arbor in Germany as mindfulness (MBSR) and by Dr. Rick Hanson as a positive neuroplasticity trainer and has given many retreats to an international audience over the past years. Beate offers mindfulness courses to individuals and organisations and is also responsible for the teacher training. Participants like her warm and inclusive style and some of them come back regularly to her retreats.
Rate for the retreat of 4 nights/5 days with meals and accommodation in a single room:
- Early bird until 13 June 2020: € 750 (incl. VAT)
- Regular price from 13 June onward: € 800 (incl. VAT)
Included in the fee
- Fees of the teachers.
- Accomodation in double rooms (single rooms available at additional cost).
- All meals (vegetarian and organic).
- Tea, coffee and snacks throughout the day.
- Exclusive use of the whole location, its beautiful meditation hall and garden.
- Life-time access to over 100 guided meditations
Not included in the fee
- The rent of towels and sheets (preferably bring your own): € 15
- Extra charge for single room: 25€ per night (should you wan to book a single room please mark it upon registration and we will send you an additional invoice)
Registrations will close on Friday 9 July 2021 or whenever the retreat is fully booked.
Please check our terms and conditions.
We advise you to take a cancellation insurance, to be taken out at least 30 days before the start of the retreat.
Please fill out the form below in order to register for the Summer mindfulness retreat from Wednesday 14 July to Sunday 18 July 2021, in a shared double room.
Your answers to these questions are important for the trainer to be able to admit you to the retreat. The information you provide will be treated confidentially.
We will get in touch with you if we have any questions, so please provide the phone number on which we can most easily reach you.
Feedback from participants of the last 5-day retreat:
"The location, schedule and teachers created an optimal environment for me to get my mind set to meditation. A wonderful and intense experience which may have lasted longer - but five days is fine!"
"The retreat allowed me to settle my mind, to feel safe and supported. The place was ideal to relax and practice. Jake is an amazing teacher and I learnt a lot from his guidings and the way he walks the talk. I will definitively return."
"I attended a 5-day summer retreat with Brussels Mindfulness and I really felt that I deepened my committment to my mindfulness practice even more. It was a beautiful location in the middle of nature and we were able to attend an intense programme of different mindfulness practices throughout the 5 days; The teachers and the group were very kind and supportive and I felt vety well taken care of during the whole stay. Thank you, Brussels Mindfulness team!"
"The Summer retreat was like a breath of fresh air! The timing was just perfect for me. After these days I feel rested and recharged on mental and physical level. Thank you Brussels Mindfulness for orgainising this retreat on such an excellent level!" Lyuba
"A 5-day silent retreat is an excellent way to deepen ones meditation practise and push the reset button. Sometimes it is not always an easy experience but Brussels Mindfullness staff provide excellent support to guide you through. I thoroughly recommend their retreats, which are extremely well organised".
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you would have any questions.
For administrative and practical questions, please contact email@example.com.
If you want to discuss something directly regarding the content, you can contact Beate Trück via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks for your registration and we are looking forward to meeting you in the retreat.