Wednesday 15 July 2020 until Sunday 19 July 2020.
Start on Wednesday at 14.00.
At the beautiful "Maison du Chemin des Roches" in Dongelberg.
Calming the mind, opening the heart
This silent retreat is an integral part of the Teacher Training, but it is also open for other advanced meditators.
Led by Jake Dartington (mindfulness and dharma teacher)
Supported by Beate Trück (mindulness teacher) and Katrien Maes (Ayurvedic therapist).
In this retreat we will take a deep dive into mindfulness practices and practice how to quiet the mind and open our heart. Each day will offer a sustained schedule of formal meditation practice, meetings with the teachers, talks and instructions, all within an underlying environment of silence. It takes place at the beautiful "Maison du Chemin des Roches" in Wallonia.
What does a retreat look like?
Being away from day-to-day demands and all the external chatter means time to reflect, to reconnect with your true self and with nature. When the part of you that wants to be in control and that is afraid of change, is dominant, you are cut off from your deeper wisdom and intuition. But if you rest and create space to tap into your creative energy, you can get in touch with what truly matters and what kind of life you would really like to lead. People have reported that long after the retreat they could still feel the benefits of it, and that this nourishing feeling goes on for quite a while.
The retreat will be given with English instructions. It will be in silence apart from some group meetings with the teachers.
You will be enjoying
- The alternation of formal practices such as sitting and walking meditation and yoga.
- Practices for deep relaxation.
- Delicious and nourishing vegan food.
- Free time to enjoy walks or simply relaxing in the beautiful surroundings.
- A group of like-minded people with whom you can share experiences and grow together.
- Silence to encourage reflection and healing.
- Possibility for individual talks with the teachers.
- Dharma talk by the teachers on the topic of the retreat.
- Possibility of an ayurvedic massage.
- Exclusive use of the whole location
Some benefits of a mindfulness retreat
- Tapping into your inner resources contributes to feeling more rested, relaxed and calm.
- Learning how to gain greater physical and psychological wellbeing.
- Powerful new insights to take back into your daily life.
- A new sense of inner freedom and the ability to see more clearly what really matters to you.
- Self-compassion and being on your own side.
- Having an idea of how to stop some unhelpful habits in your life and how to replace them by more useful ones.
- The ability to respond more skilfully to life's challenges when they arise.
- Finding a way to peace and wholeness in this busy stressful world we live in.
The retreat will take place in beautiful "Maison du Chemin des Roches" in Dongelberg, some 30 minutes from Brussels.
The location is a haven of peace and calm. The cook will provide us with delicious meals and tea will be available throughout the retreat.
The accommodation is in simple, but comfortable double rooms with shared bathrooms.
Around the location there are many beautiful walks through the fields and woods.
Car pooling will be organised before the retreat (please note that we can only accept car pooling requests until one week before the start of the retreat).
The retreat will start on Wednesday 15 July at 14.00, and end on Sunday 19 July at 14.00 (after lunch).
Sample programme for a full day
7.30 – 9.00 Mindful movement; meditation
9.00 – 10.30 Breakfast
10.30 – 11.15 Meditation instructions and sitting meditation
11.15 – 12.00 Walking meditation
12.00 – 12.30 Sitting meditation
12.30 – 14.30 Lunch
14.30 – 15.15 Sitting meditation
15.15 – 16.00 Walking meditation or group interviews
16.00 – 16.45 Sitting meditation
16.45 – 17.30 Walking meditation or group interviews
17.30 – 18.00 Sitting meditation
18.00 – 19.30 Dinner
19.30 – 20:15 Evening talk from teachers
20-15 – 20.45 Walking meditation
20.45 – 21.00 Sitting meditation
21.00 Rest or further practice
This is an indicative programme, the actual timing might change (except starting and end times). The final programme will be displayed at the location.
Jake Dartington is a teacher of Insight Meditation and Mindfulness-based Approaches. He began his meditation practice in 1995 and has taught at Gaia House retreat centre since 2007 following a three-year teacher training with Christina Feldman. He has also taught retreats in Finland and Denmark and worked as a mentor on the mindfulness teacher training led by Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach.
Beate Trück is founder of Brussels Mindfulness and an experienced mindfulness teacher. She is certified by Arbor in Germany as mindfulness (MBSR) and by Dr. Rick Hanson as a positive neuroplasticity trainer and has given many retreats to an international audience over the past years. Participants like her warm and inclusive style and some of them come back regularly to her retreats.
Extra: massages available
Rate for the retreat of 4 nights/5 days with meals and accommodation in a double room:
Early bird rate: 695€ until 3 June 2020.
As of 4 June full price: 750€
included in the fee:
- fees of two teachers
- accomodation in double rooms
- all meals
- tea and coffee breaks
- exclusive use of the whole location, its beautiful meditaion hall and garden
Not included in the fee:
- extra charge for single rooms: 25€ per night (upon availability)
- membership-fee to Fondation d'Hose of 20€ per participant per year (to be paid in cash upon arrival).
- the costs of the massage (upon prior booking)
- the rent of towels and sheets (preferably bring your own): 15€
Registrations will close on Friday 10 July 2020 or whenever the retreat is fully booked.
Please check our terms and conditions.
Please fill out the form below in order to register for the Summer mindfulness retreat from Wednesday 15 July to Sunday 19 July 2020, in a shared twin room. A few single rooms are avilable at an additional charge. If you wish to book one of those please contact us (we will give them in order of the booking).
Your answers to these questions are important for the trainer to be able to admit you to the retreat.
The information you provide will be treated confidentially.
We will get in touch with you if we have any questions, so please provide the phone number on which we can most easily reach you.
Feedback from participants of the last 5-day retreat:
"The location, schedule and teachers created an optimal environment for me to get my mind set to meditation. a onderful and intense experience which may have lasted longer- but five days is fine!"
"The retreat allowed me to settle my mind, to feel safe and supported. The place was ideal to relax and practice. Jake is an amazing teacher and I learnt a lot from his guidings and the way he walks the talk. I will definitively return."
"I attended a 5-day summer retreat with Brussels Mindfulness and I really felt that I deepened my committment to my mindfulness practice even more. It was a beautiful location in the middle of nature and we were able to attend an intense programme of different mindfulness practices throughout the 5 days; The teachers and the group were very kind and supportive and I felt vety well taken care of during the whole stay. Thank you, Brussels Mindfulness team!"
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you would have any questions.
For administrative and practical questions, please contact email@example.com.
If you want to discuss something directly regarding the content, here is how you can contact us:
Beate Trück - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks for your registration and we are looking forward to meeting you in the retreat.