Wednesday 15 July 2020 until Sunday 19 July 2020.
Start on Wednesday at 11.00.
At the beautiful "Maison du Chemin des Roches" in Dongelberg.
Calming the mind, opening the heart
This silent retreat is an integral part of the Teacher Training, but it is also open for other advanced meditators.
With Jake Dartington (mindfulness teachers) and Katrien Maes (Ayurvedic therapist).
In this retreat we will take a deep dive into mindfulness practices and practice how to quiet the mind and open our heart. Each day will offer a sustained schedule of formal meditation practice, meetings with the teachers, talks and instructions, all within an underlying environment of silence. It takes place at the beautiful "Maison du Chemin des Roches".
What does a retreat look like?
Being away from day-to-day demands and all the external chatter means time to reflect, to reconnect with your true self and with nature. When the part of you that wants to be in control and that is afraid of change, is dominant, you are cut off from your deeper wisdom and intuition. But if you rest and create space to tap into your creative energy, you can get in touch with what truly matters and what kind of life you would really like to lead. People have reported that long after the retreat they could still feel the benefits of it, and that this nourishing feeling goes on for quite a while.
The retreat will be given with English instructions. It will be mostly in silence apart from individual and group meetings with the teachers.
You will be enjoying
- The alternation of formal practices such as sitting and walking meditation and yoga.
- Practices for deep relaxation.
- Delicious and nourishing food.
- Free time to enjoy walks or simply relaxing in the beautiful surroundings.
- A group of like-minded people with whom you can share experiences and grow together.
- Silence to encourage reflection and healing.
- Possibility for individual talks with the teachers.
- Dharma talk by the teachers on the topic of the retreat.
- Possibility of an ayurvedic massage.
Some benefits of a mindfulness retreat
- Tapping into your inner resources contributes to feeling more rested, relaxed and calm.
- Learning how to gain greater physical and psychological wellbeing.
- Powerful new insights to take back into your daily life.
- A new sense of inner freedom and the ability to see more clearly what really matters to you.
- Self-compassion and being on your own side.
- Having an idea of how to stop some unhelpful habits in your life and how to replace them by more useful ones.
- The ability to respond more skilfully to life's challenges when they arise.
- Finding a way to peace and wholeness in this busy stressful world we live in.
The retreat will take place in beautiful "Maison du Chemin des Roches" in Dongelberg, some 30 minutes from Brussels.
The location is a haven of peace and calm. The cook will provide us with delicious meals and tea will be available throughout the retreat.
The accommodation is in simple, but comfortable double rooms with shared bathrooms.
Around the location there are many beautiful walks through the fields and woods.
The retreat will start on Wednesday 15 July at 11.00, and end on Sunday 19 July at 15.00.
Sample programme for a full day
7.30 – 9.00 Mindful movement; meditation
9.00 – 10.30 Breakfast
10.30 – 11.15 Meditation instructions and sitting meditation
11.15 – 12.00 Walking meditation
12.00 – 12.30 Sitting meditation
12.30 – 14.30 Lunch
14.30 – 15.15 Sitting meditation
15.15 – 16.00 Walking meditation or group interviews
16.00 – 16.45 Sitting meditation
16.45 – 17.30 Walking meditation or group interviews
17.30 – 18.00 Sitting meditation
18.00 – 19.30 Dinner
19.30 – 20:15 Evening talk from teachers
20-15 – 20.45 Walking meditation
20.45 – 21.00 Sitting meditation
21.00 Rest or further practice
This is an indicative programme, the actual timing might change (except starting and end times). The final programme will be displayed at the location.
Jake Dartington is a teacher of Insight Meditation and Mindfulness-based Approaches. He began his meditation practice in 1995 and has taught at Gaia House retreat centre since 2007 following a three-year teacher training with Christina Feldman. He has also taught retreats in Finland and Denmark and worked as a mentor on the mindfulness teacher training led by Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach.
Extra: massages available
Rate for the retreat of 4 nights with meals and accommodation in a double room: € 550
Registrations will close on Friday 10 July 2020 or whenever the retreat is fully booked.
Please check our terms and conditions.
Please fill out the form below in order to register for the Summer mindfulness retreat from Wednesday 15 July to Sunday 19 July 2020, in a shared twin room.
Your answers to these questions are important for the trainer to be able to admit you to the retreat.
The information you provide will be treated confidentially.
We will get in touch with you if we have any questions, so please provide the phone number on which we can most easily reach you.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you would have any questions.
For administrative and practical questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to discuss something directly regarding the content, here is how you can contact us:
Beate Trück - email@example.com.
Many thanks for your registration and we are looking forward to meeting you in the retreat.