New course: Life shift: Building Mental Resilience and Living from Purpose
Cultivate Strength and deep Resilience Amid Life's Challenges
Wednesday nights from 19:15 to 21:15 CET on the dates: 21/2, 28/2, 13/3, 20/3, 17/4, 24/4
2 full days on Sunday 3 March and a day of nourishment of your choice, plus individual and group coaching sessions.
with resilience coach, senior mindfulness and positive neuroplasticity trainer Beate Trück
A unique course to bring about real change into your life in small and personalised setting
It's Not About the Challenges; It's About How You Respond
Do you yearn to break free from the shackles of fear, stress, and negativity? Is your ultimate goal to lead a life driven by love, purpose, and unwavering strength? In a world constantly beset by challenges, from war reports to climate crises and pandemics, it's all too easy to feel overwhelmed. But here's the good news: it's not about the challenges themselves; it's about how you respond.
Unlocking Mental Strength
Imagine life as a series of strong winds that shake the trees. Just like these trees, you too can grow stronger through life's difficulties, provided you have the right mental resources. It's time to cultivate your inner garden.
Cultivating your inner garden
In this course, we focus on cultivating the inner resources that enable you to confront life's challenges with deep resilience and determination. Without mental strength, work performance may suffer, moods may plummet, and you may feel perpetually inadequate. Unfulfilled, we often resort to busyness, distractions, and overconsumption. Yet, these are mere short-term fixes that fail to address the root issue: our thinking patterns.
Much like a garden that requires regular tending, your mind also needs care. Weeding out unhelpful thinking patterns and nurturing healthier ones is the key. Your mind, like your body, requires consistent training to grow strong. This unique course will take you through this process step by step through a combination of teaching, personal coaching, contemplation, peer support and sharing.
"Imagine that your mind is a garden. You can tend to it in three ways: observe it, pull weeds, and plant flowers. "Rick Hanson
Building lasting mental strengths and habits
In our training community, you will learn to master your mindset, regulate your emotions, unlock peak performance, and rewire limiting beliefs. We'll teach you how to tap into unshakable resilience, become your authentic self, and grow inner strengths suited to your unique challenges. Step by step we will work on replacing unproductive habits with more helpful ones. We will learn how to build new habits that will last. Mental strength is a skill set that can be learned.
Mental Strength Attributes
Mental strength encompasses a spectrum of attributes and skills that will help you cope and thrive. These include:
- Resilience, Emotional Regulation, Self-Awareness, Mindfulness, Optimism, Cognitive Flexibility, Grit, Self-Discipline, Self-compassion, Assertiveness, Confidence, Patience, Adaptability, Stress Management, Curiosity & openness, Self-Compassion etc.
These mental strengths can be developed and strengthened through practice, self-awareness, and self-reflection leading to improved overall well-being and the ability to tackle life's challenges more effectively.
Taking in the good
"We develop mental resources in two stages. First, we need to experience what we want to grow, such as feeling grateful, loved, or confident. Second—critically important—we must convert that passing experience into a lasting change in the nervous system.” Rick Hanson
Research shows that consciously internalizing positive experiences can lower anxiety and depressed moods, increase gratitude, self-compassion, and overall happiness.
What to expect
- Teachings rooted in mindfulness, neuroscience, compassion, and the positive neuroplasticity method by Dr. Rick Hanson, all tailored for practical application.
- Soothing and uplifting guided meditations inspired by the principles of positive neuroplasticity.
- Trauma-sensitive approach
- Group and one-on-one coaching sessions designed to integrate these principles into your daily life and help you bring about real change.
- Engaging practical exercises and opportunities for sharing to learn from experience and from each other.
- Deep learning and connections with fellow participants to create a vibrant community
- A small supportive community of like-minded individuals on a shared journey.
- Daily support and sharing through a whatsup group
- Download the indicative course schedule here.
The program includes:
- 2 full deepening days in Brussels (on 3 March and a day of nourishment of your choice throughout 2024)
- 6 inperson course sessions on Wednesday nights from 19:15 to 21:15 CET on the dates: 21/2, 28/2, 13/3, 20/3, 17/4, 24/4
- 2 online small group coaching sessions of 90 min. (dates to be determined per group of 4, ideally also on Wednesday nights)
- 2 personal online coaching sessions (at the beginning and mid-course), each lasting 40 min.
- A set of guided practices for growing your mental strengths at home.
- The possibility to support each other in your peer group
- A whatsapp group to support each other
- Handouts and worksheets
- Delicious tea and snacks
Lasting physical and psychological benefits
- An increased ability to relax and to find inner calm
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Heightened self-confidence
- An increased ability to cope more effectively with stressful situations
- Improved wellbeing
- Living your life from purpose and what really matters
- Decrease of cravings and greater sense of satisfaction
- Ability to take better care of yourself
Meet the teacher
Introducing Beate Trück, an experienced mindfulness teacher, teacher trainer, supervisor and founder of Brussels Mindfulness. Beate has been certified as an MBSR teacher and is authorized to teach the positive neuroplasticity method by Dr. Rick Hanson. She's an accredited member of the international positive neuroplasticity network led by Rick Hanson. Furthermore, Beate has been trained as a trauma sensitive teacher and supervisor.
This course is designed for anyone interested in personal growth or seeking to develop resilience, reduce negative thinking, and enhance mental strength. You will benefit from a group of like-minded people who would like to bring positive change into their life and help to make this world a better place by living from a place of awareness and purpose. It's an ideal continuation for those who have previously taken a mindfulness and/or positive neuroplasticity course, but beginners are also warmly welcomed (if you are new to mindfulness please schedule a call with us to see whether this is the right course for you).
Book a free trial coaching session of 30 min with Beate Trück: click here
The course will take place at the Institute of Neurocognitivsm (MM81), a beautiful and spacious Maison de maître between metro Merode and Montgomery at 81 Avenue de Tervueren in Brussels. It has a lovely quiet garden with a pond where we can some outdoor practices if the weather allows it.
Tea, water, coffee, fruit and snacks are available throughout the full day. Please bring your own lunch as well as a yoga mat and blanket and a water bottle.
The coaching will be offered via zoom. You can book your online coaching session directly in our online agenda.
The cost of this transformational course is € 990 (incl VAT, €818 excl VAT) for:
- 24 hours of inperson training supported by personalised coaching
- tea and snacks during inperson sessions
- set of specific practices for home
- visual support and handout
- a small vibrant community of practitioners
- daily check-in (optional)
You can make two payments: €544 upon registration and the remaining amount shortly before the course begins.
Limited Spots: To ensure interactivity and a trusting community, we are limiting the course to a maximum of 8 participants.
Don't wait any longer; register now and embark on your journey to mental strength and thriving.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if your employer is assuming responsibility for these expenses, providing us with the precise invoice details. In such circumstances, the applicable fee will be 479€, exclusive of VAT.
Additionally, kindly inform us of any diplomatic status you may hold, enabling us to exempt the transaction from VAT.
You will be asked to fill out your name and further contact details in the next page.
Once you click the registration button, you will be taken to a secure payment system (first e-act.nl and then mollie.com). Your data will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with third parties, except for the information necessary to process the payment.