New course: Life shift: Building Mental Resilience
Cultivate Strength and deep Resilience Amid Life's Challenges
Tuesday nights from 19:00 to 21:00 CET on the dates: 20/2, 27/2, 12/3, 19/3, 16/4, 23/4
2 full days on Saturday 10th February & 4 May, plus individual and group coaching sessions.
with resilience coach, senior mindfulness and positive neuroplasticity trainer Beate Trück
It's Not About the Challenges; It's About How You Respond
Do you yearn to break free from the shackles of fear, stress, and negativity? Is your ultimate goal to lead a life driven by love, purpose, and unwavering strength? In a world constantly beset by challenges, from war reports to climate crises and pandemics, it's all too easy to feel overwhelmed. But here's the good news: it's not about the challenges themselves; it's about how you respond.
Unlocking Mental Strength
Imagine life as a series of strong winds that shake the trees. Just like these trees, you too can grow stronger through life's difficulties, provided you have the right mental resources. It's time to cultivate your inner garden.
Cultivating your inner garden
In our course, we focus on cultivating the inner resources that enable you to confront life's challenges with deep resilience and determination. Without mental strength, work performance may suffer, moods may plummet, and you may feel perpetually inadequate. Unfulfilled, we often resort to busyness, distractions, and overconsumption. Yet, these are mere short-term fixes that fail to address the root issue: our thinking patterns.
Much like a garden that requires regular tending, your mind also needs care. Weeding out unhelpful thinking patterns and nurturing healthier ones is the key. Your mind, like your body, requires consistent training to grow strong.
"Imagine that your mind is a garden. You can tend to it in three ways: observe it, pull weeds, and plant flowers. "Rick Hanson
In our course, we combine mindfulness-based and positive neuroplasticity techniques with coaching methods to empower you to overcome internal struggles, break free from unhelpful habits, and cultivate a resilient mind. Our approach hinges on the delicate balance between being with what is and working towards what you want.
This course is ideal if you have followed a mindfulness or positive neuroplasticity course with us and would like to further deepen your skills while being supported by a strong community.
Building mental strengths
In our training community, you will learn to master your mindset, regulate your emotions, unlock peak performance, and rewire limiting beliefs. We'll teach you how to tap into unshakable resilience, become your authentic self, and grow inner strengths suited to your unique challenges. Step by step we will work on replacing unproductive habits with more helpful ones. Mental strength is a skill set that can be learned.
Mental Strength Attributes
Mental strength encompasses a spectrum of attributes and skills that will help you cope and thrive. These include:
- Resilience, Emotional Regulation, Self-Awareness, Mindfulness, Optimism, Cognitive Flexibility, Grit, , Self-Discipline, Self-compassion, Assertiveness, Confidence, Patience, Adaptability, Stress Management, Curiosity & openness, Self-Compassion etc.
These mental strengths can be developed and strengthened through practice, self-awareness, and self-reflection leading to improved overall well-being and the ability to tackle life's challenges more effectively.
Taking in the good
"We develop mental resources in two stages. First, we need to experience what we want to grow, such as feeling grateful, loved, or confident. Second—critically important—we must convert that passing experience into a lasting change in the nervous system.” Rick Hanson
Research shows that consciously internalizing positive experiences can lower anxiety and depressed moods, increase gratitude, self-compassion, and overall happiness. As Rick Hanson says, we develop mental resources in two stages, first by experiencing what we want to grow and then by converting those experiences into lasting changes in the nervous system.
What to expect
Throughout the course, you can look forward to:
- Soothing and uplifting guided meditations inspired by the principles of positive neuroplasticity.
- Teachings rooted in mindfulness, neuroscience, compassion, and the positive neuroplasticity method by Dr. Rick Hanson, all tailored for practical application.
- Trauma-sensitive mindfulness
- Group and one-on-one coaching sessions designed to integrate these principles into your daily life and help you bring about real change.
- Engaging practical exercises and opportunities for sharing to learn from experience and from each other.
- Deep learning and connections with fellow participants to create a vibrant community
- The course is conducted in English language
- In-person sessions will be held at a beautiful location in Brussels, easily accessible via the metro (Montgomery stop).
- A small supportive community of like-minded individuals on a shared journey.
- Daily support and sharing through a whatsup group
The program includes:
- 2 full days of training in Brussels (on Saturday February 10th & 4 May)
- 6 inperson course sessions on Tuesday nights from 19:00 to 21:00 CET on the dates: 20/2, 27/2, 12/3, 19/3, 16/4, 23/4
- 2 online small group coaching sessions of 90 min. (dates to be determined per group of 4, ideally also on Wednesday nights)
- 2 personal online coaching sessions (at the beginning and mid-course), each lasting 40 min.
- A set of guided practices for growing your mental strengths at home.
- The possibility to support each other in your peer group
- A whatsapp group to support each other
- Handouts and worksheets
Meet the teacher
Introducing Beate Trück, an experienced mindfulness teacher, teacher trainer, supervisor and founder of Brussels Mindfulness. Beate has been certified as an MBSR teacher and is authorized to teach the positive neuroplasticity method by Dr. Rick Hanson. She's an accredited member of the international positive neuroplasticity network led by Rick Hanson. Furthermore, Beate has been trained as a trauma sensitive teacher and supervisor.
This course is designed for anyone interested in personal growth or seeking to develop resilience, reduce negative thinking, and enhance mental strength. It's an ideal continuation for those who have previously taken a mindfulness and/or positive neuroplasticity course, but beginners are also warmly welcomed.
The course will take place at The Library Europe, a beautiful co-working location in a spacious Maison de maître in Scandinavian style close Montgomery . It also has a lovely garden where we will do some outdoor practices if the weather allows it. The sessions will take place in the Skyroom at the top floor.
Tea, water, coffee, fruit and snacks are available throughout the day. Please bring your own lunch as well as a yoga mat and blanket and a water bottle.
The coaching will be offered via zoom.
The cost of this transformational course is €890 (incl VAT- €735 ecxcl VAT), early bird discounted fee until 22 December 2023)
As of 23 December the full fee is € 990 (incl VAT, €818 excl VAT) for:
- 24 hours of inperson training supported by personalised coaching
- tea and snacks during inperson sessions
- set of specific practices for home
- visual support and handout
- a vibrant community of practitioners
You can make two payments: €490 upon registration and the remaining amount shortly before the course begins.
Spots are limited to a maximum of 16 participants to guarantee interactivity and a community of trust and safety.
Don't wait any longer; register now and embark on your journey to mental strength and thriving.
Please note we are applying for KMO portfolio. This should be available soon. Once it is available you can receive up to 30% from the Flemish authorities if you are independent and live in Flanders.
Day 1: Kick-off and Deep Dive into Resilience (10 February)
Setting the scene: Defining Resilience and Positive Neuroplasticity
- Getting to know each other
- Core concept of resilience and its impact on well-being.
- The science of positive neuroplasticity.
- Techniques to calm the nervous system for better stress management.
- Taking a deep dive into meditation.
Session 1: Self-Assessment and Personal Resilience Goals (Tuesday, 20 February)
- Reflective exercises to assess individual strengths and areas for growth.
- SMART goals for personal resilience development.
- Draft your personal resilience plan
Session 2: Mindfulness and Positive Neuroplasticity in Action (Tuesday, 27 February)
- The balance between being present and leveraging the power of your mind.
- Practical applications of mindfulness and positive neuroplasticity for mental strength.
- Defining your own mental strengths that you would like to develop
Session 3: Cognitive Restructuring and Emotional Regulation (Tuesday 12 March)
- Explore strategies for challenging negative thoughts and restructuring perspectives.
- Develop emotional regulation skills for enhanced resilience.
- Skilfully dealing with mental blocks
Session 4: Strengthening Social Connections and setting up a support system (Tuesday 19 March)
- Identify and further strengthen key resources that are already at your disposal
- Build a supportive network for resilience.
- Enhance effective communication within personal and professional relationships.
Session 5: Building Resilience Habits and Embracing Change (Tuesday 16 April)
- Establish daily habits to reinforce deep resilience.
- Navigate and embrace change as a catalyst for growth.
- Wisely dealing with obstacles
Session 6: Living from Abundance (Tuesday 23 April)
- Learn how to recognize and appreciate the positive elements in and around you.
- Cultivate an abundance mindset for sustained well-being.
Full Day 2: Harvesting Growth and Unlocking Potential (Saturday 4 May)
- Reflecting on Personal Growth and Long-Term Resilience Plan
- Celebrate individual successes and share insights gained.
- Create a personalized, actionable long-term resilience plan.
- Closing Ceremony
You will be asked to fill out your name and further contact details in the next page.
Once you click the registration button, you will be taken to a secure payment system (first e-act.nl and then mollie.com). Your data will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with third parties, except for the information necessary to process the payment.